feature requests

Doom Patrol TV show (Comic Book Forums)

• Doom Patrol TV show

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 20, 2019 3:07:43 pm
  • I saw the first episode last night and I have to say I was greatly impressed. Definitely not your typical super-hero show. I'm eagerly awaiting more.

It's funny that the DC on-line shows (Titans, Doom Patrol and soon Swamp Thing) are SO much better than the DC stuff on the CW Network nowadays, (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Legends) it's scary. I have stopped watching Arrow, Flash and Supergirl due to the poor quality of those shows lately. It's too bad because I loved those shows when they started.
  • Posted: February 20, 2019 7:52:50 pm
  • Yeah good start.

As for the CW shows; I gave up on those a long time ago, also. GA and Flash were good when they started but have really gone down hill lately. Supergirl was always crappy with it's political agenda. I can't believe they're all still on.

I remember reading a story about how the producers of GA approached Neal Adams and asked him how he liked the show. He basically told them it's for cribbing Batman. He said he and Dennis O'Neil changed GA in the early 70's to be different from Batman and they basically went back to making GA a Batman clone again. LOL

Last edited February 20, 2019 7:53:42 pm
  • Posted: February 28, 2019 11:49:50 am
  • I just saw the second episode of Doom Patrol last night. Wow, this is a great TV show! If you like some bizarre with your super-hero stories, this is the show for you.

I'm so baffled that DC can put out quality TV shows like this and yet release movies that are confusing, cheesy and not fun at all. Weird.
  • Posted: March 2, 2019 11:29:16 pm
  • I've loved every episode so far. After watching each one I can't wait to see the next one.
  • Posted: March 31, 2019 5:31:37 pm
  • I'm six episodes in and all is still well. As a matter of fact, I now have a new favourite villain: Animal-Mineral-Vegetable Man!!!!!! Talk about a weird- DC character that is finally made valid.
  • Posted: April 28, 2019 2:05:04 pm
  • Still watching Flash because I hope it will get better. what I can,t understand is why none of the super heroes on tv can never actually beat anyone. Same syndrome on Netflix DD. Still watching Supergirl because she is just so good to look at !

• Posted: April 28, 2019 3:38:18 pm
  • I'm watching Doom Patrol and still enjoying it.
    Problem I have with most of these DC TV series is that we have the same villain season after season, do a 6 part story and move on to a new threat. It just becomes boring after 36 episodes with the same old thing week after week.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: June 4, 2019 2:50:03 pm
  • I'm 13 (of 15) episodes in so far. This show has lost a little bit of steam, but I'm still enjoying it. I wouldn't mind seeing more bizarre comic book super-hero TV shows, much like Doom Patrol. Let your inner weirdo out!!!!!
  • Posted: August 9, 2019 2:55:13 pm
  • I finished all 15 episodes of Doom Patrol. No, this isn't the best comic book TV series out there right now. If you have read any Doom Patrol comic books in the last 25 years, you know this is a weird- series. Same for the TV show!!! The villain talks to the audience. The gang runs into such weird circumstances (like a living street).
    Yes, it loss steam halfway through. I believe if they only made about 10 episodes, this show would have been much better. Also, there should have been way, way more Animal-Mineral-Vegetable Man!!! My new favourite 21st century villain on TV, by far!!!
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Giant-Size: The Incredible Hulk Issue # 1
  • DC Comics's Nightwing Issue # 113d
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 483b
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 91b