feature requests

Characters you wish you didn't see/portrayed that way (Comic Book Forums)

• Characters you wish you didn't see/portrayed that way

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 22, 2019 1:51:51 am
  • Ok so I posted Characters you want to see and we all know there can't be a hero without a villain, triumph without tragedy, good without a bad. So if we wanted to see characters who are the ones you hope not to see or see again or those who were done injustice if they have already been portrayed in a certain light. Or hay even say the ones you thought were utter .
    Now this list can be quite long if we look through the interpretations from the years but to get the ball rolling start with one movie

Ben Affleck as Daredevil
    Colin Farrell as Bullseye
    Michael Clark Duncan as Kingpin
    Now I as sure that there is many people have the same opinion of that movie and want to just clarify that yes that there are better portrayals now but this is the part of the injustice to great characters that I wanted to point out.
    Also I will be the first to point out that in a different post I mentioned that I enjoyed the Dolph Punisher for what it was. SO I may have some biases and give a bit of leeway to older movies for certain aspects. That being said some older portrayals are truly awful.

Other character portrayals that were less than stellar in my book were:

Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool: the newest movies... just a joke as I am sure we all think the Origins movie nearly killed that whole thing but would like to point out that I think he may be the only actor to take a character done so badly and turn it around so F***ing good. Also sorry to Ryan but even at the end of Deadpool 2 there was a joke at Green Lantern as that would be on the list too. And sorry to keep rambling on about one actor but I am going to post a multi hero/actor section as well.

So my opinion list continues with:

Jared Leto as Joker
    Seth Rogen as Green Hornet
    Batman and Robin (really just that movie in whole)
    Martin Sheen as Jason Wynn
    Michael Jai White as Spawn (as Al Simmons it wasn't awful)
    Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor

Now lots of these actors have done great roles that I enjoyed and I appreciate those ones it's just these particular roles were either not well suited, the script/direction of the film was too off, or in some cases it really seems like the actors are there contractually or just for a pay cheque. Anyways that was the short list let me know who was the worst or may be the worst or maybe even characters that you love that you hope cinema never touches cause they won't ever get right
  • Posted: January 22, 2019 12:57:51 pm
  • Topher Grace as Venom (Spiderman 3)
    Ben Affleck as Batman (Justice League)
    Brandon Routh as Superman (Superman Returns)
    Jessica Alba as Sue Richards (Fantastic Four)
    Halle Berry as Catwoman (Catwoman)
    Samuel Jackson gets two negative points. A Jedi in Star Wars and also as Nick Fury.

Last edited January 22, 2019 12:59:04 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: January 22, 2019 2:18:18 pm
  • Rapha1978 said:
    Samuel Jackson gets two negative points. A Jedi in Star Wars and also as Nick Fury.

Well, you can blame Marvel for the Nick Fury character since they asked his permission to use his likeness way before they even thought of making movies.

Fun fact: Professor X was modeled after Yul Brynner's likeness. As a kid in the 70's I didn't know that. He would have made a bad Professor X.
  • Posted: January 24, 2019 11:55:25 am
  • I agree with Rapha1978 on the Nick Fury spot light. I collected 'the punisher mags and the Nick Fury comics when I started out. So seeing Samuel Jackson cast because of his possible popularity was the wrong way to go.

I wasn't too big of a fan of the movie 'Logan' it seemed to go way off topic. It seemed Marvel was covering all of their bases by placing it in the future. Other then the movie 'The Wolverine' where the story line came out of the comic.

Last edited January 24, 2019 12:08:42 pm
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Skybound's Duke Issue # 4e
  • Marvel Comics's Ghost Rider by Jason Aaron Omnibus Hard Cover # 1-2nd print
  • Marvel Comics's Hulk Issue # 3b
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths Issue # 3b