feature requests

Punisher Season 2 (Comic Book Forums)

• Punisher Season 2

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 21, 2019 6:09:46 pm
  • Okay, who's seen this brand new TV show? I know it only launched on Friday, but has anyone finished it yet?
    I haven't heard anything about this season so far. Who's the main villain? Any cameos by other Marvel heroes ("hint" Moon Knight). Any help would be appreciated. As you may have figured out, I haven't seen one second yet.
  • Posted: January 21, 2019 7:00:19 pm
  • I'm on episode 4 right now of season 2. Enjoying it, nice and violent!

The villains are Jigsaw (from the first season) and someone called Preacher, who is based on a religious zealot from Punisher MAX #3 (he wasn't called Preacher, but has the same origin from that comic).
  • Posted: January 21, 2019 7:29:41 pm
  • I am on episode 9 now. I don't want to spoil anything for you, even though you asked nicely haha. I will say, in one of the episodes (5 or 6? I don't remember) there is a BRUTAL gym room fight scene that you have got to see.
    People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
  • Posted: January 31, 2019 1:28:53 pm
  • I'm now four episodes in to the Punisher season 2. Am I the only one here who finds the pacing of this show extremely slow? Yes, the violence is great. But you have to wait so long for any action. I'm a little disappointed, to be honest.
    I won't give up on one of my favourite heroes (anti-hero?) and I will finish the season, but if you need tonnes of action with your super-hero TV shows, this may not be the show for you.
  • Posted: January 31, 2019 3:36:31 pm
  • brucifer said:
    I'm now four episodes in to the Punisher season 2. Am I the only one here who finds the pacing of this show extremely slow? Yes, the violence is great. But you have to wait so long for any action. I'm a little disappointed, to be honest.
    I won't give up on one of my favourite heroes (anti-hero?) and I will finish the season, but if you need tonnes of action with your super-hero TV shows, this may not be the show for you.

Yeah, it is a little bit of a slower pace, but still enjoying it. I need to get back to watching it, leaving off at around the 9th episode. All in all, a pretty decent series so far I think.
    People want to know. How can I live like this? The risks? The times I've descended into madness? The times I've died? How can I live like this? How could I live any other way?
  • Posted: January 31, 2019 8:27:07 pm
  • its funny because i am also 4 episodes in and didnt really feel that way...going from that bar to the police station maybe i suppose but both of those spots and the hotel room? No that was pretty awesome lol...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    New Avengers #49 1st & 2nd print: 2nd app Dark Avengers
    Uncanny X-Men 3D #1
    Venom #9 2nd Print
  • Posted: January 31, 2019 8:29:47 pm
  • oh and apparently that Preacher (i believe his name is John) is a tv character only. He not a character from Marvel Comics, but a comic shop owner i was talking to about this today said that he thinks hes based off a different companys character but couldnt remember which at the time. Jigsaw (at least up to this point) isnt Really a bad guy so to say...but you definately get that creepy vibe lol...and we mostly all know his past from Season 1 lol

Last edited January 31, 2019 8:30:37 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    New Avengers #49 1st & 2nd print: 2nd app Dark Avengers
    Uncanny X-Men 3D #1
    Venom #9 2nd Print
  • Posted: January 31, 2019 9:07:29 pm
  • Yeah, he doesn't exist in the Marvel comics, but he's based on the character called The Mennonite that first appeared in Punisher Max #3.

Finished watching it a couple days ago. Also, didn't feel it went too slow, if anything, I think the last 2 episodes went too fast, in the sense that they were trying to put too much in the last couple of episodes. Overall, I enjoyed it.
  • Posted: February 6, 2019 12:53:53 pm
  • I'm seven episodes in now and I still find the pacing a bit slow for my liking. Most of the fighting (especially in the gym) has been top-notch! The Mennonite scares the crap out of me, even more than Jigsaw. Speaking of Jigsaw, the actor playing him is quite the hunky dude and those few scars on his face DO NOT make him look like Jigsaw from the comic books. Yes, I'm being a bit picky. I really love the Punisher character, so I guess I'm allowed?
  • Posted: February 6, 2019 5:18:07 pm
  • Agree, I liked the pacing for Season 1 much better. That gym fight scene...WOW! I rewound that and brought my kids in to see that one. Glad I am not the only one not completely feeling the Jigsaw character here, so you aren't being picky at all. Yeah the Mennonite is pretty BA. I think his character definitely outshines Jigsaw in this season.
    Back to the pacing, I fell off somewhere between episode 7 and 9, because of it and haven't picked it back up. I did however finally see Deadpool 2 a few nights back and loved it. Last night I finally caught Antman and the Wasp too. It was alright. Not near as good as the first Antman movie.
  • Posted: February 11, 2019 8:22:56 am
  • I'll admit I haven't been watching The Punisher at all. I need to though.

Over the summer the production filmed locally for a week or two right near my office, some parts of the highway were closed off so that sucked but then I found out why... streets were closed so they could drop an ambulance off the highway onto the street below!
  • Posted: February 14, 2019 12:08:44 pm
  • Not as good as season one. Some great fight scenes but I think it got too convoluted and bogged down with two story lines running at the same time. I'm also tired of the doctor falling in love with the patient trope.
12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 50 years, 87 days, 12 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Deathstroke Issue # 30c2e2
  • IDW Publishing's Disney Afternoon Giant Issue # 3
  • Viz Media's One Piece Soft Cover # 89
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 15b