feature requests

Characters you would want to see (Comic Book Forums)

• Characters you would want to see

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 14, 2019 1:49:49 am
  • So a buddy of mine and I were having the discussion again over the holidays about comic characters or just comic series in general that we would want to see on tv or film. Some particular ones I would like to see include (but not limited to) are Moon Knight, Rasputin (Image), Wild Blue Yonder (IDW), Winterworld (IDW), Painkiller Jane, Grifter, Grendel, The Fade Out (Image) and Bloodshot. The discussion always comes down to the likelihood of it every happening and who should play the characters. I normally have a hard time picking who I want to play a character because some of them mean too much to me and wouldn't want to be let down. It's a fun conversation to have and was wondering if there are any characters you want to see and maybe even who would play them.
  • Posted: January 14, 2019 2:32:18 am
  • I won't try to name any actors I'd like to see play these characters, but these are a few I'd like to see off the top of my head: Angel (but done right, not like the poor example in X-Men 3), any and all members of the Legion of Super Heroes, a twelve part film maxi-series would do for a start, the Metal Men, Challengers of the Unknown, Doctor Fate, Infinity Inc., Gen 13, and Tomoe, Shang-Chi, the Squadron Supreme, Imperial Guard, X-O Man'o'War, Eternal Warrior, Solar, Shadowman, Harbinger, Minus One, Stormwatch, and so many more.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: January 14, 2019 10:02:29 am
  • I would love to see Bone as an animated movie trilogy. It would be epic. Jeff Smith was suppose to be working out a movie deal with Warner Bros. but I'm sure it never fell through because the last he ever said anything about it was over 12 years ago.

Would also like to see Marvel do a solo Silver Surfer movie. I know they had the Surfer appear in the 2nd Fantastic Four film–but what I'd like to see is one completely cosmic in outer space.

Also would like to see a DC Lobo film that doesn't cut back on the violence or isn't afraid to have an R rating.

Last edited January 14, 2019 1:42:08 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: January 14, 2019 12:04:12 pm
  • Badger
    Lady Mechanika
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: January 14, 2019 4:14:26 pm
  • I would watch an Usagi Yojimbo movie if it was animated like the recent Spider-Verse movie.

I agree with Tenzil on X-O Man'o'War.

• Posted: January 14, 2019 4:32:39 pm
  • If DC ever gets off their butts to do a well produced film, I would love to see one of both Deadman and the Spectre. Horror can be done right, and either of these characters could make the boom to do it.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: January 15, 2019 1:30:49 pm
  • I have read that DC is planning on a R-Rated Swamp Thing for their streaming channel to be aired later this year. I'll wait to see that before wishing for a Deadman or Spectre TV show (or movie).

Of course I want a Moon Knight TV show quite desperately. I believe a smart writer could handle this crazy super-hero and do some cool stuff with it. NO to a movie as I believe the longer stories for the more complicated heroes makes more sense to my brain.

I did enjoy the last Judge Dredd movie starring the amazing Karl Urban. I want more of that if possible. I know it's not new, but there are tonnes of stories in this apocalyptic future that would look so cool on the screen.

My last pick would be the Chrononauts (Image). That 2015 mini-series had MOVIE written all over it.
  • Posted: January 15, 2019 2:52:54 pm
  • brucifer said:
    I have read that DC is planning on a R-Rated Swamp Thing for their streaming channel to be aired later this year. I'll wait to see that before wishing for a Deadman or Spectre TV show (or movie).

Of course I want a Moon Knight TV show quite desperately. I believe a smart writer could handle this crazy super-hero and do some cool stuff with it. NO to a movie as I believe the longer stories for the more complicated heroes makes more sense to my brain.

I did enjoy the last Judge Dredd movie starring the amazing Karl Urban. I want more of that if possible. I know it's not new, but there are tonnes of stories in this apocalyptic future that would look so cool on the screen.

My last pick would be the Chrononauts (Image). That 2015 mini-series had MOVIE written all over it.

I read a little about the Swamp Thing series, and I am more than intrigued. yeah to the Moon Knight. I get what you are saying about the tv series vs a movie. A TV series can go a long ways...and lead up to a great movie somewhere down the line. Hadn't seen the latest Dredd movie, nor have read the Chrononauts, so thanks for the info, I may want to check those out now.
  • Posted: January 15, 2019 9:16:21 pm
  • Awesome links mrhan 1
    I agree, the Adventure comics run is a good one.
  • Posted: January 16, 2019 12:21:03 am
  • brucifer said:
    I have read that DC is planning on a R-Rated Swamp Thing for their streaming channel to be aired later this year. I'll wait to see that before wishing for a Deadman or Spectre TV show (or movie).

I was a big fan of Dredd and if I recall there was kind of a petition to get a sequel made not too long after the movie was released. Also there was also some Dredd comics by Rebellion that were supposed to be sequels to the movie (I only read Uprise but believe there are a couple others).
    Also out of curiosity I looked to see anything about a upcoming sequel and found this:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6873692/videoplayer/vi701414169?ref_=vi_prev_btn

It's kind of vague or general but I am excited to hear more about it.

Also I agree that a TV show for Moon Knight would be more well suited. My buddy and I had quite the long discussion about that and we kind of thought it
    would be cool if most of the first season dealt with his mercenary days leading up to him becoming Moon Knight. Then later seasons dealing with the split personalities and appearances of other characters too.
  • Posted: January 16, 2019 9:07:05 am
  • The Dredd movie with Urban was awesome, they need to make another.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: January 17, 2019 2:54:38 pm
  • It seems that it would only be in the comic book industries best interest to do a flip side to their movies and come out with movies about the VILLAINS of the comic world!!!

I would love to see a movie(or tv series) of Kingpin, Dr. Doom, The Joker and Green Goblin, to name a few. Yes we have seen the bad guys in the movies, But it might be kinda cool to see a Very Well put together Flick on how the bad guys came to be and what drove them to it.

Otherwise (FOR GOOD GUYS) I think Beast would make a good flick, his before and after state of turning into the Blue guy.
  • Posted: January 17, 2019 6:28:42 pm
  • CarlM said:

I would love to see a movie(or tv series) of Kingpin, Dr. Doom, The Joker and Green Goblin, to name a few.

There is a Joker movie coming out this year.

https://www.movieinsider.com/m15806/joker

Last edited January 17, 2019 6:32:41 pm
  • Posted: January 21, 2019 1:11:58 am
  • I would love to see The Darkness come out as a series. If done right it would be bada$$
  • Posted: January 22, 2019 12:56:29 am
  • mrhan1 said:
    Poruchny said:
    Painkiller Jane

Here you go. Very Happy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Painkiller_Jane_(TV_series)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Painkiller_Jane_(film)

I never saw the film but the series wasn't bad at all.

I kinda remember hearing about that but didn't check it out because I remember the actress being in a BloodRayne movie and was not impressed. Then again that was directed by the 'great' Uwe Boll (quotes to emphasize the sarcasm) so maybe I was being too harsh. Haha Maybe I should give it a go.
  • Posted: January 22, 2019 1:09:47 am
  • Also forgot to mention that after looking it up that it appears a Bloodshot movie is in post production and to have Vin Diesel as the title character. Now I don't dislike Vin but when I heard this I am not sure if it's the right fit because he will be required to say more than 3 words for a comic movie. Haha. As I said I don't mind him at all just unsure if it's going to land with fans. Also in all honestly I haven't back read a lot of Bloodshot for some years but it was always one of the ones that grabbed my interest that wasn't from DC or Marvel growing up (and Image because growing up Image was doing quite well).

Also to tie into characters you want to see I am posting another section for characters you wish you didn't see/portrayed that way.
  • Posted: January 22, 2019 2:22:31 pm
  • Poruchny said:
    mrhan1 said:
    Poruchny said:
    Painkiller Jane

Here you go. Very Happy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Painkiller_Jane_(TV_series)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Painkiller_Jane_(film)

I never saw the film but the series wasn't bad at all.

I kinda remember hearing about that but didn't check it out because I remember the actress being in a BloodRayne movie and was not impressed. Then again that was directed by the 'great' Uwe Boll (quotes to emphasize the sarcasm) so maybe I was being too harsh. Haha Maybe I should give it a go.

I would be skeptical too just hearing Uwe Boll's name. LOL But like I said the series wasn't bad at all from what I remember but I could be totally wrong. It's been 12 years.

Edit: Your in luck. All the episodes are on YouTube.Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=painkiller+jane

Last edited January 22, 2019 2:28:44 pm
  • Posted: January 23, 2019 11:29:35 pm
  • brucifer said:

I second this! There are still SO many stories to be told in that universe, and Urban has Dredd nailed!
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: January 23, 2019 11:32:12 pm
  • Poruchny said:
    Grifter, Grendel.

Those are some great picks right there! I'd gladly pay to see both of them.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: January 23, 2019 11:35:59 pm
  • I'm steppin' outside the box with Timothy Truman's Scout. Post-Apocalyptic Native American badassery with just the right amount of supernatural and a rockin' blues soundtrack? Yes! Dancing

Plus it's an older and practically unknown property, so there's plenty of wiggle room for the casting and story. Come to think of it, Scout would probably be a better AMC series than a movie. . .
  • Posted: January 24, 2019 3:40:53 pm
  • Dreadstar

It's in the works but who knows how long until we see it...if ever.

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni62194023
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: March 17, 2019 9:00:19 pm
  • I really want Ka-zar and the savage land. I think it could be a really fun movie.
  • Posted: March 17, 2019 9:15:03 pm
  • I'm not going to lie...i havent read any of the responses here but want to add a couple that would be great to see done proper.

1. Doctor Doom
    2. Marvel Zombies
    3. Machine Man would be a cool idea...something different
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
25 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Scholastic Book Services's Dog Man: Power Up! Issue nn
  • Ablaze Media's The Prism Issue # 7
  • Yen Press's The Reformation of the World as Overseen by a Realist Demon King Soft Cover # 3
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4big wave