feature requests

Daredevil Season 3 and Heroes for Hire??? (Comic Book Forums)

• Daredevil Season 3 and Heroes for Hire???

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 21, 2018 9:22:12 pm
  • Daredevil Season 3 was released (Friday I believe). Just now started it and on the first episode. If it is anything like the first 2 seasons, it should be phenomenal. I did read a few reviews earlier today, and they have all been really great. The big buzz is that in the 4th episode there is a kick- 21 minute fight scene. Oh did I mention...Bullseye comes into play this season.
    So Netflix not only cancelled Cage, but also Iron Fist. Buuuuut...in an article I read today, they are supposed to merge the 2 together for an upcoming Heroes for Hire series. (Wait, didn't Brucifer and I both suggest that multiple times?). I think the article that I saw on my news briefs via phone was from tvguide.com.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: October 22, 2018 11:31:23 am
  • I'm always looking forward to any new Daredevil on Netflix. Iron Fist & Power Man were both cancelled? Hhhmmmm, maybe teaming them together isn't a bad idea? So, that means I'm not an idiot? Maybe?
  • Posted: October 23, 2018 10:06:10 pm
  • brucifer said:
    I'm always looking forward to any new Daredevil on Netflix. Iron Fist & Power Man were both cancelled? Hhhmmmm, maybe teaming them together isn't a bad idea? So, that means I'm not an idiot? Maybe?

This is definitely Marvel's best series. I am on episode #3 now and I will say it is addictive. Great storyline, great actors, and the fighting sequences are top notch.
    You hit the nail on the head...we were way ahead of the thinking on the Cage & Fist team up.
  • Posted: October 24, 2018 11:50:45 am
  • I'm on episode 5. Forgot how much I liked the previous seasons. S3 is great so far! Every aspect has been top notch. Oh man, that fight scene! Incredible!

I really hope they keep LC and IF going some how some way. The way both of those seasons ended, I definitely want to see what happens next. There were some slow parts there though, so if they team up for a series, I think that would help.
    In pursuit of what Marvel considers the entire Hulk legacy run... with a few adjustments.

Current level of completeness: 71.04%
  • Posted: October 24, 2018 2:38:02 pm
  • Hulk Collector said:
    I'm on episode 5. Forgot how much I liked the previous seasons. S3 is great so far! Every aspect has been top notch. Oh man, that fight scene! Incredible!

I really hope they keep LC and IF going some how some way. The way both of those seasons ended, I definitely want to see what happens next. There were some slow parts there though, so if they team up for a series, I think that would help.

This season has been riveting thus far. I think I am on episode 8 or 9 now and totally into it.
    I do agree with the slow parts to both Iron Fist and Cage, and a better team up and storyline would help both along together as one. Iron Fist held my interest far better though and made it through both seasons. I stopped after 5 or 6 episodes of Cage and haven't picked it back up.
  • Posted: October 24, 2018 10:33:25 pm
  • I wrapped up the season tonight. If you have not seen it, you will not be disappointed one bit. It has a great build up throughout and the finale is pretty epic.
  • Posted: October 30, 2018 10:48:11 am
  • I'm halfway through this season. I feel like this whole series just keeps getting better and better. Only thing I don't really like is that it feels like Matt Murdock has become really jaded now. I'm more interested in other characters like Kingpin this season...Hope by the end of this season he's back to the passion and zeal from the first two.

Last edited October 30, 2018 10:49:05 am
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: October 30, 2018 10:53:51 am
  • Am I the only one who didn't seem to love the new season of Daredevil?
    I had heard there was a 21 minute fight scene neat the end. Um, I don't think there was 21 minutes of fighting in all 13 episodes! Speaking of, they should have finished the season with ten episodes tops. I found the pace to be very, very slow. Yes, Kingpin was awesome. Poindexter was pretty cool too.
    I don't know, I like my comic book TV shows to have a little more weight to each episode and not crawl at a snail's pace. Sorry??
  • Posted: October 30, 2018 11:22:00 am
  • Just finished season 3 last night. I thought it was great! The finale was a bit predictable, but I still enjoyed it.

@brucifer
    After coming off of the second seasons of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, I thought DD kept the pace pretty well. The other two felt much slower to me, so I guess it's all relative. Smile

The fight scene you are looking for took place in episode 3 or 4, where Matt goes to the jail as Foggy. It's not ALL fighting, but it's an extremely long scene that was done with 1 camera, in 1 take. I'd recommend re-watching it. I may have to do that myself!

Last edited October 31, 2018 6:02:57 am
    In pursuit of what Marvel considers the entire Hulk legacy run... with a few adjustments.

Current level of completeness: 71.04%
  • Posted: October 30, 2018 5:40:31 pm
  • brucifer said:
    I'm always looking forward to any new Daredevil on Netflix. Iron Fist & Power Man were both cancelled? Hhhmmmm, maybe teaming them together isn't a bad idea? So, that means I'm not an idiot? Maybe?

I won't be surprised if both series are continued once Disney starts up there own network.

I just finished the 1st episode of DD season 3. Liking it so far.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: October 30, 2018 10:14:34 pm
  • brucifer said:
    Am I the only one who didn't seem to love the new season of Daredevil?
    I had heard there was a 21 minute fight scene neat the end. Um, I don't think there was 21 minutes of fighting in all 13 episodes!

Yeah, I read a few reviews about that prior to watching it. I didn't catch a fight scene near that long.
    @Rapha1978 The portrayal of Kingpin was just golden! You really could not have asked for a better performance.

I do hope they don't cancel this series. Marvel really did it right in every aspect.
  • Posted: November 1, 2018 8:06:19 pm
  • Just finished watching Season 3 of Daredevil. Really liked it, think it's the best Marvel show on Netflix. Going to start watching Season 2 of Iron Fist later on tonite.
  • Posted: November 1, 2018 10:12:48 pm
  • Vengeance said:
    Just finished watching Season 3 of Daredevil. Really liked it, think it's the best Marvel show on Netflix. Going to start watching Season 2 of Iron Fist later on tonite.

Hands down the best Marvel series. The first season started a little slow for me, but picked up midway and all the way through season 2 and 3. Iron Fist was pretty decent as well, both seasons I did enjoy.
  • Posted: November 5, 2018 10:49:41 am
  • Just finished all of Season 3. Overall I really enjoyed it. I do agree that some of the pacing did feel slow. Mainly those were scenes with Foggy and Karen Page. I found most of what was happening with their story arcs kind of boring.

Benjamin "Dex" (Bullseye) was portrayed in such an interesting way and with such a psychotic background that I found his character so interesting. I loved how they slowly showed Kingpin grooming him into what he was to become. These two characters were my favorite this season.

The ending was okay but I really wanted to see a longer showdown between Matt and Fisk. It just felt too easy and rushed.

The only thing I didn't enjoy was the way the flashback scenes were filmed. I couldn't stand the parts where they would show Matt talking to Fisk in his mind or Fisk walking around Benjamin's childhood. It was bizarre. And that whole episode with Karen's past was just unnecessary. They should have filmed these the way they did past flashbacks in the last two seasons. I think it had to do with bringing in so many new directors for season 3.

Last edited November 5, 2018 10:52:37 am
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: November 5, 2018 3:49:32 pm
  • @Rapha1978 haha, I almost forgot about the flashback scenes. Yeahhhh, the one with Kingpin and kid version of Bullseye didn't really work for me at all.
    But I agree with you on both Bullseye and Kingpin stealing the show in their performances. Both were soooo good, in particular the Kingpin. He nailed that one. Interesting take on Bullseye too though. Great series, all 3 seasons. The end wasn't horrible, but I can agree the Battle Royale with Kingpin at the end could have been more...especially after so many great fight scenes throughout the series.
  • Posted: November 5, 2018 3:57:43 pm
  • , I really need to finish season 2...
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: November 8, 2018 8:44:09 pm
  • I loved S3. Bullseye was done superbly. Cannot wait until Season four.
  • Posted: November 17, 2018 4:29:59 pm
  • Finished S3 yesterday and loved it.
    I was looking forward to them adapting Frank Millers DD issue of DD playing russian roulette with a paralyzed Bullseye...but that may not happen with the ending we saw.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: November 17, 2018 5:11:14 pm
  • Canuck said:
    Finished S3 yesterday and loved it.
    I was looking forward to them adapting Frank Millers DD issue of DD playing russian roulette with a paralyzed Bullseye...but that may not happen with the ending we saw.

Yeah, I am counting that out as far as happening, but nonetheless will be looking forward to wherever season 4 will take us.
  • Posted: January 12, 2019 11:44:30 am
  • Sadly its all cancelled. Netflix is clearly done with all of it.
  • Posted: January 12, 2019 12:56:14 pm
  • Tex75455 said:
    Sadly its all cancelled. Netflix is clearly done with all of it.
    Except Punisher season 2 which releases next week
  • Posted: January 12, 2019 7:06:20 pm
  • junobeach said:
    Tex75455 said:

Jessica Jones Season 3 is also coming out in 2019. After that both series will be cancelled. Disney streaming isn't going to continue any of the series but Disney says the actors/characters that were on NF will be used in future projects.
  • Posted: January 14, 2019 8:18:07 am
  • mrhan1 said:
    junobeach said:
    Tex75455 said:

Jessica Jones Season 3 is also coming out in 2019. After that both series will be cancelled. Disney streaming isn't going to continue any of the series but Disney says the actors/characters that were on NF will be used in future projects.

this is what i meant. WHile not official, after the remaining shows netflix almost 100% won't be doing new stuff, so no daredevil season 4, heroes for hire, etc. I didn't see the quote about the actors being reused in future projects though. I saw about the characters, but figured that just meant comics set in the universe, which absolutely won't have the same appeal to me.
23 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable Issue # 6
  • Skybound's Duke Issue # 4d
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 9
  • Image Comics's Monstress Issue # 50b