feature requests

Venom movie (Comic Book Forums)

• Venom movie

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 5, 2018 10:22:01 am
  • So what's the verdict? Has anyone seen it yet? Who is going this weekend? Let's hear it people.

After my latest attempt to go see a movie that I thought would be good(Predator), and it absolutely sucked I think I am sitting this one out at least for this weekend. I am a Tom Hardy fan but I just don't know on this one.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: October 5, 2018 10:29:01 am
  • I read yet another terrible review this morning (not that those are always accurate, as has previously been discussed on here, but still...).
  • Posted: October 5, 2018 3:38:01 pm
  • I've got a few friends who saw it opening night. They said it was nothing to brag about. One summed it up well. "Better than the Venom in Spider-Man 3, but not the Venom I was really hoping to see."

Last edited October 5, 2018 3:38:15 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: October 5, 2018 10:38:55 pm
  • Ouch, that is unfortunate to hear a few not so great reviews thus far. I was planning on waiting to see it in a few weeks (I love uncrowded theaters). If I make it an early matinee, it won't break the bank to bring the kids.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: October 7, 2018 3:22:19 am
  • SPOILER ALERT!!!!
    Saw it tonight and it was kind of meh to me. Not nearly as good as anything in the MCU but better than Justice League. Tom Hardy is really good anyway but honestly my two favourite scenes were the two post film scenes during the credits, especially the final one! If you go see it do stay to the bitter end! Enjoyed Stan Lee's cameo as well.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: October 7, 2018 9:49:13 pm
  • I'm not a fan of Venom, so I've decided not to see it.
  • Posted: October 9, 2018 8:44:22 am
  • I saw Venom opening night. I enjoyed it, for what it was. I feel people were hoping for more of a Dark horror marvel universal movie. I do believe that the pg-13 rating did hurt the movie a little. The battle between between Venom and #$$% was done pretty good. The CGI Venom looked better than expected. Give the movie a change. I never use someone's else's review to sway my decision to see a movie.
  • Posted: October 9, 2018 6:07:15 pm
  • I saw it. Thought it was great. Seems they made Eddie more likeable for the movie but other than that no complaints. Will see the next one as well.
  • Posted: October 9, 2018 6:31:42 pm
  • I liked the movie alot...i think most of that negative feedback is fake like the star wars last jedi...(for those of you that didnt know...50.9% of the feedback for SW was left by Russian bots apparently...heard this on the news so dont castrate me...Not talking)

I think i did expect more of a R rated film, and i think it wouldve benefited greatly by doing so. But it was still entertaining and great...THEY DID VENOM RIGHT....with a bit of help from momma im sure (Marvel Studios lol)
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: October 9, 2018 6:59:23 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    I liked the movie alot...i think most of that negative feedback is fake like the star wars last jedi

Yeah, I talked to a few friends that have seen it already,and they gave it a big thumbs up. I am waiting a couple of weeks for the movie crowd to thin out and have some elbow room.

Last edited October 9, 2018 6:59:44 pm
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: November 3, 2018 6:33:47 pm
  • Just saw it today, it was okay. Not as bad as the reviews.
    I'm not a big Venom fan and really don't know much about him other than how he came to be from the Secret Wars maxi series from the 80's and the ASM issues of that time... so I don't know if how they portrayed in the film is the same as he is in the comics.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: December 21, 2018 3:17:55 pm
  • Rented and watched it last night. What a stinker. Tom Hardy is a good actor, so no problem with his portrayal of Eddie, but the script was sluggish and unoriginal. The mid-credits scene with Woody was one of the best scenes in the whole movie.

Overall, I just didn't care for this one. Meh.
  • Posted: January 7, 2019 9:54:33 pm
  • Bit late to the party, but the wife got it for me for Christmas because she knows venom is one of my all time favorite characters. I avoided it in the theaters out of fear, but watched it the other night.

Objectively, Venom is not a good movie. HOwver, that being said, I'd be lying if I said i didn't love every minute of it. So there ya go. I was a fan.
  • Posted: January 8, 2019 9:16:54 am
  • I watched most of it last night and will finish it tonight. From what I watched I'd say it was ok, not terrible but not great. The story is kind of meh and some stuff just had me scratching my head(explosive drones?) I really liked the action sequence in the lobby where he takes out the swat team, that looked really good I thought. It's definitely not on Avengers or Guardians level but it's not a stinker. It's worth 2 hours of my time.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
14 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Avengers: Twilight Issue # 5e
  • Marvel Comics's Ghost Rider: Final Vengeance Issue # 2btc
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Mace Windu Issue # 3
  • Marvel Comics's What If? Venom Issue # 3btc/ce-b