feature requests

Iron Fist Season 2 (Comic Book Forums)

• Iron Fist Season 2

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 11, 2018 11:21:05 pm
  • Anybody check this out yet? I think the first episode aired a week or two ago. I am just playing now...so will have to give a run down later.
    Season 1 was pretty decent. It wasn't "blow me away incredible", but it held my interest and got better as the season progressed. Anyway you go, I am a sucker for Rosario Dawson. Grrrrrowl!
    The Marvel Netflix series I have viewed so far have been great.
    I will admit, Daredevil was a slow go for me. The first several episodes didn't really do it for me. And I am a huge DD fan. Friends kept telling me how great it was, so I eventually picked back up where I left off (episode 8 or 9 I think?).
    And WOW...it sure did. Punisher-Elektra-The Hand-Stick...it got REAL good. I got on a binge and finished season one and went full-on though season 2. Much props for this series, and looking forward to Season 3.
    The Punisher as well was a great first season, and it was awesome to see him in the DD series too.
    The Defenders was another slow-go for me. I made it through 2 or 3 episodes. I will have to give it another chance again later. Cage as well. I think I hit up a good 7 or so episodes, but lost interest. Another I need to pick up.
    Iron Fist season 1 ended up being a pretty tight series. Let's see what Season 2 offers up!
    “I don't wear white to hide myself. I wear it so they'll see me coming. So they'll know who it is. 'Cause when they see the white, it doesn't matter how good of a target I am. Their hands shake so bad, they couldn't hit the moon.”
  • Posted: September 12, 2018 12:00:08 pm
  • So far so good, if you haven't checked it out already. I didn't realize that Netflix loads the entire season. I was thinking it to be more an episode weekly a la' regular television programs. I got though 4 episodes last night, before it got too late in the night. I love the fighting sequences, and the character development of both Danny Rand and Coleen Wing has gotten better.
    “I don't wear white to hide myself. I wear it so they'll see me coming. So they'll know who it is. 'Cause when they see the white, it doesn't matter how good of a target I am. Their hands shake so bad, they couldn't hit the moon.”
  • Posted: September 12, 2018 12:36:44 pm
  • I didn't love Iron Fist season 1. I don't think anyone did. I'll attempt season 2, as I have been watching all the superhero TV shows. Netflix has been doing quite well with their take on the superhero genre. I don't think it will last, as Disney is working on their own Netflix-like show.
  • Posted: September 12, 2018 1:23:47 pm
  • @brucifer
    I think the start of Season 2 has gotten better than the first season. At least the first 3-4 episodes I watched thus far. The first season was decent I thought anyway. I wasn't totally enthralled at first, but it grew on me as the season progressed.
    I still need to give Defenders and Cage a second look. When I first tried Daredevil a time or two, I was so disappointed...but glad I went back to it, as the series ended up being pretty phenomenal.
  • Posted: September 13, 2018 5:44:02 pm
  • Ok, I knocked out the rest of the season. It wasn't bad. It wasn't great, but held my interest for the most part. Maybe a little better than season 1 as far as character development and all. The fighting sequences are really tight. Unless they plan on merging Cage for a team-up in the near future, I really don't see this series making it past season 3. Worth a look still.
  • Posted: September 13, 2018 7:19:20 pm
  • 3 episodes in and so far I like it more than season 2.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: September 14, 2018 10:13:52 am
  • brucifer said:
    I didn't love Iron Fist season 1. I don't think anyone did. I'll attempt season 2, as I have been watching all the superhero TV shows. Netflix has been doing quite well with their take on the superhero genre. I don't think it will last, as Disney is working on their own Netflix-like show.

Yeah, season 1 wasn't that good. The fight scenes were pretty bad. I do have to say that the storyline is actually pretty faithful to the original comic storyline but the execution was terrible. I'm 3 episodes in on the 2nd season; so far it's better than the 1st but not by much. The fight choreography is actually better.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 47 years, 248 days, 1 hour of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Soaring Penguin's  Peter Pan Hard Cover # 1b
  • Benitez Productions's Lady Mechanika: La Belle Dame Sans Merci Issue # 1sdcc
  • Amaze Ink/Slave Labor Graphics's Patty Cake Soft Cover # 2
  • Image Comics's Skyward TPB # 1