feature requests

valiant theme parks? I'm there. (Comic Book Forums)

• valiant theme parks? I'm there.

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 1, 2018 10:42:11 pm
  • I think that would make a great movie, or at the very least a Netflix series. I see the article is a few years old. Let's hope that means it is further along than waiting another 5-10 years for anything to come of it.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: September 2, 2018 6:42:33 am
  • @ logerine: Thanks for the link I'll keep an eye on that.

There are other projects in the works with harbinger set to be the first release with bloodshot as the villain. I would be happy with a stand alone movie but in this day and age of cinematic universes and sequel madness I guess we'll have to see how it all unfolds. I read another article that said the valiant properties were being handled in a similar fashion to the marvel (MCU) via Chinese investors as long as it's made well I really don't care who bankrolls it. I think the valiant universe has great potential for a cinematic universe. I can't wait to see what they come up with.
    Sell trade or barter cards coins and comics
  • Posted: September 2, 2018 1:17:37 pm
  • @ expander You're welcome. No problem.

Since Bloodshot is filming, and Harbingers is still only in development, I'd say Bloodshot will be released first. Hopefully it's good because if it tanks we probably won't see any more Valiant films.

Did you watch Bat in the Sun's Ninjak Vs. the Valiant Universes web series?
  • Posted: September 7, 2018 9:26:28 pm
  • Wow! Don't get your hopes up. That article was from March. A lot has changed. DMG's sister company in China has been caught up in controversy and was overvalued. DMG's stock value has been dropping like a rock. After hyping that Bloodshot would be produced by a big name producer, they settled on a guy who produced trailers for video games. They'll be lucky if Bloodshot has enough money to promote it. Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe is over-the-top cheese. I downloaded all the episodes. It's tough to watch.
  • Posted: September 8, 2018 4:28:02 am
  • Sadly I missed them I've finally seen a change of schedule at work that allows me more free time so I've mostly been nose to comic as often as possible.

@ Big Boss: I honestly haven't followed the proceedings that closely and I don't expect a disney level output from DMG but I do want to see these characters on the big screen in one way or another. As long as the quality exceeds the first FF film I'd be ok with that.

https://youtu.be/gcpmM-eTESI
  • Posted: September 11, 2018 7:35:47 pm
  • I've seen the FF movie. Most of the budget was spent on the special effects at the end with the Human Torch flying.

I'd like to see the Valiant characters done right. I'm just realistic. Hollywood has been going with established characters that already have an audience attached to them. Promoting a movie and building an audience from scratch is deemed too expensive. Essentially, they're banking on Vin Diesel to make this a hit.

Last edited September 11, 2018 7:36:25 pm
  • Posted: September 17, 2018 3:57:39 am
  • Agreed. That just gets me wondering if disney will have anything to say about the voice of groot hopping franchises on them?

You bring up a very good point about an established audience.
    Business wise it is quite a gamble to "start from scratch."

Oh well, here I sit fingers crossed....."Come on Riddick don't let me down."
  • Posted: September 17, 2018 7:45:23 pm
  • expander said:
    Agreed. That just gets me wondering if disney will have anything to say about the voice of groot hopping franchises on them?

You bring up a very good point about an established audience.
    Business wise it is quite a gamble to "start from scratch."

Oh well, here I sit fingers crossed....."Come on Riddick don't let me down."

Guardians of the Galaxy was on hold for future development because of Disney firing James Gunn.
  • Posted: September 18, 2018 3:50:14 am
  • That's true. I'm not sure how their contracts are written but I guess that would free him up until Gunn is replaced.
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Detective Comics Issue # 1083b
  • Oni Press's Invasive Issue # 4b
  • Marvel Comics's Miles Morales: Spider-Man Issue # 18g
  • New Heroes Comics's The Unconventionals Issue # 1