feature requests

Any comments on Smallville? (Comic Book Forums)

• Any comments on Smallville?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 6, 2018 1:16:24 pm
  • I'm in the process of re-watching the TV show Smallville (2001-2011) with my new roommate, who hasn't see one minute of it.. Does anyone remember that show? I quite enjoyed it the first time watching "live". It might have lost some steam after Season 4, but there was tonnes of fun stuff going on throughout all 10 Seasons! Any thoughts?
  • Posted: June 6, 2018 3:20:01 pm
  • It was a great show that had a long run and probably what influenced DC to make Gotham. If you look at the numbers Smallville brought in more viewership the first 4 of it's 10 seasons than Gotham has in it's 4 seasons. Ratings maintained those numbers up until the 8th season when it started to decline. I think it proves that people do like Superman–when well written. I loved the episodes when Christopher Reeve made an appearance. I remember getting teary eyed. I also still think if DC had done things right they would have cast Tom Welling in Man of Steel or even the current Supergirl series. With the fan base from Smallville already established it would have been epic.

Last edited June 6, 2018 3:23:34 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: June 7, 2018 2:32:19 am
  • I was never able to watch the original run but heard plenty of good things about it. I will try to catch up one of these years!!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: June 14, 2018 1:43:56 pm
  • I just finished Season 1 and got cracking on Season 2 immediately. The huge cliffhanger at the end of Season 1 made it so. Surprisingly, this is still a quite enjoyable show (after ALL these years) and the FX isn't as bad as I first thought. This was originally aired in 2001 after all!!
  • Posted: June 16, 2018 6:15:34 am
  • Amazing! Once they left for the city late season 4 or early 5 it got a little lame IMO but still good. The best thing was that small town feel with odd things happening, LOVED IT!
  • Posted: June 16, 2018 6:28:57 pm
  • LOVE the show, with Seasons and 5 and 9 being my favorites. The show definitely went on longer than it should have though, and their interpretation of 'Darkseid' for Season 10 was incredibly lame. d'oh!
  • Posted: June 29, 2018 1:31:00 pm
  • I just finished Season 3 last night. I almost forgot how much I loved the last episode (titled "Covenant"). Season 3 was great all the way through!! I invented a saying: D.D.L.L. (Don't Disappoint Lionel Luthor). If you thought Lex Luthor was evil, you obviously haven't seen Smallville.
  • Posted: July 11, 2018 12:56:30 pm
  • I just finished the 100th episode (Season 5, episode 12) of Smallville. The creators of the show were leading up to this fairly important event. Without wrecking it for everybody, someone KEY dies in this landmark episode. Yes, I have been blasting through this series. I'm barely watching anything else (say no to World Cup Soccer). I'm still quite enjoying this re-watch of a classic Super-hero TV show. Remember.... Arrow, Gotham, Flash, Daredevil, etc. would have never got made if it wasn't for this trailblazing show (or a couple others like Buffy and Xena).
  • Posted: July 13, 2018 11:38:37 pm
  • I started watching around season four or five, and I couldn't miss it. But, I got tired of the show how every episode was so similar..very formulaic. I can't remember where I started but, I stopped watching around the time when Supergirl came to earth. Again, by then I was tired of the same formula, episode, after episode. Unfortunately, that's turned me of of any/all CW show. (Green) Arrow looks pretty good, and it seems there's some darkness there but...after watching for a little bit, the cheese of CW shows appeared, and I turned channels. If it was a different network, I'm sure it would really be worth watching.
    Sorry, getting off-topic. Anyway, I guess for someone that's never watched Smallville, they might really enjoy it, the younger-the-better, as it really caters to a younger demographic(which sadly, I am not anymore).
  • Posted: July 21, 2018 12:34:04 pm
  • Even though Yoshi2001 wasn't much of a fan, I'm continuing along with my Smallville watching. I just started season 7 a couple of days ago. I know some less exciting story-lines are coming up, but I don't care, I'm still having a blast!!
  • Posted: July 22, 2018 10:39:52 am
  • I'm glad you're enjoying it, my friend! Smile
  • Posted: July 28, 2018 11:12:11 am
  • I'm halfway through season 8 now. No more Lionel Luthor, Lex Luthor or Lana Lang??!!! How are they going to continue on? They do.
  • Posted: August 16, 2018 11:53:34 am
  • I just started season 10 last night. Yes, season 7, 8 and 9 were not as impressive as the earlier years, but still way worth watching. Justice Society showed up in season 9 (written by Geoff Johns!). Zod was the main villain for season 9 and caused some major headaches (and heartaches) for Clark. I don't remember much of season 10, so I'll post again once I am done.
  • Posted: August 18, 2018 12:20:35 am
  • i have watched first season, its superman based tv show.
  • Posted: August 31, 2018 11:39:14 am
  • I only have three episodes left to watch. I'm very glad I re-watched this TV show, it's been a blast. Once I'm finished, I'll post my comments and a Smallville real-life story that some of you might find entertaining (I know I did).
  • Posted: September 4, 2018 3:00:48 pm
  • I finally finished all ten seasons of Smallville this past weekend. I started around May and smashed my way through it. Great show and totally worth the time. Season 10 featured Darkseid as the main villain for the year. And the traditional blue suit with a red "S" finally makes an appearance at the end too.

Here's my Smallville story (as promised). I was at the Toronto Comic Con in 2010 and I was waiting in line for an Alex Ross signature.It was hours and hours, trust me on that. I'm finally approaching the front of the line and I'm super stoked. I have an old Terminator (NOW Comics) book and a Justice #1 ready to be signed in my greedy paws. I walk up to get my facetime and who shows up? Michael Rosenbum (aka Lex Luthor). He totally cock-blocked me!! He just walked up to chat with his hero Alex Ross, while I had to wait in line for many hours. Either way, I'm inches away from both, so I got to hear their conversation. Michael mentioned that he had an Alex Ross poster over his bed and he loves to stare at it for hours. I then said loudly (maybe a bit too loud) "Hey Michael Rosenbaum, you're a nerd just like the rest of us!" Well if looks could kill, I would have been instantly dead. He left shortly after in a bad mood. Fucking Hollywood Stars!! Maybe not the best story, but it sure ties into Smallville nicely.
  • Posted: September 7, 2018 1:41:08 am
  • Never piss off a Luthor- they always get their revenge. Shocked

Lol. All kidding aside, how horrible was Season 10 for you? I felt they did a HORRIBLE job with their *interpretation* of Darkseid, and bringing back Lex Luthor only to have him forget that Clark has abilities AGAIN, is some of the worst writing I've had to sit through.

Last edited September 7, 2018 1:42:04 am
  • Posted: September 9, 2018 10:19:13 am
  • Alex_B, Season 10 wasn't as bad as I thought. Yes, the Darkseid portrayal was not perfect, but it also included Granny Goodness who I assumed was lame with a capital L. Not so on Smallville! I forgot Lionel made it back for the last season and Lex showed up on the two-part finale. Not the best season by far, but still worth the time.
18 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 48 years, 196 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • SelfMadeHero's Becoming Andy Warhol Soft Cover # 1
  • LEGO Systems's LEGO Mania Magazine Issue mar/apr 1999
  • Image Comics's Murder Falcon Issue # 2b
  • BreadPig's XKCD Soft Cover # 0