feature requests

Any comments on Smallville? (Comic Book Forums)

ComicBookRealm.com's Exclusive Amazing Spider-Man #1 is here! - Get it Now!

Our latest exclusive cover has been on the bucketlist since day one. The stars aligned and we are pleased to offer it to you. Please consider getting one to help continue funding ComicBookRealm.com and keeping it going for years to come!  Buy Now!

Author Any comments on Smallville?
Posted: June 6, 2018 1:16:24 pm
I'm in the process of re-watching the TV show Smallville (2001-2011) with my new roommate, who hasn't see one minute of it.. Does anyone remember that show? I quite enjoyed it the first time watching "live". It might have lost some steam after Season 4, but there was tonnes of fun stuff going on throughout all 10 Seasons! Any thoughts?
Posted: June 6, 2018 3:20:01 pm
It was a great show that had a long run and probably what influenced DC to make Gotham. If you look at the numbers Smallville brought in more viewership the first 4 of it's 10 seasons than Gotham has in it's 4 seasons. Ratings maintained those numbers up until the 8th season when it started to decline. I think it proves that people do like Superman–when well written. I loved the episodes when Christopher Reeve made an appearance. I remember getting teary eyed. I also still think if DC had done things right they would have cast Tom Welling in Man of Steel or even the current Supergirl series. With the fan base from Smallville already established it would have been epic.

Last edited June 6, 2018 3:23:34 pm
We strike hard and fade away into the night
Posted: June 7, 2018 2:32:19 am
I was never able to watch the original run but heard plenty of good things about it. I will try to catch up one of these years!!
Tenzil
Posted: June 14, 2018 1:43:56 pm
I just finished Season 1 and got cracking on Season 2 immediately. The huge cliffhanger at the end of Season 1 made it so. Surprisingly, this is still a quite enjoyable show (after ALL these years) and the FX isn't as bad as I first thought. This was originally aired in 2001 after all!!
Posted: June 16, 2018 6:15:34 am
Amazing! Once they left for the city late season 4 or early 5 it got a little lame IMO but still good. The best thing was that small town feel with odd things happening, LOVED IT!
Posted: June 16, 2018 6:28:57 pm
LOVE the show, with Seasons and 5 and 9 being my favorites. The show definitely went on longer than it should have though, and their interpretation of 'Darkseid' for Season 10 was incredibly lame. d'oh!

World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 46 years, 81 days, of Run Time

Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home

Join World Community Grid today!

CBR App on Android
CBR App on Android

ComicBookRealm.com Exclusive #1

Newest Covers
  • Marvel Comics's Captain America: Steve Rogers Issue # 2sdcc
  • Aspen Entertainment's Executive Assistant: Iris Issue # 2b
  • DC Comics's Harley Quinn Issue # 1walmart
  • Studebaker Company's Turning Wheels: The Studebaker Story Issue nn
Cool Statues

Website Security Test