feature requests

Any comments on Smallville? (Comic Book Forums)

• Any comments on Smallville?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 6, 2018 1:16:24 pm
  • I'm in the process of re-watching the TV show Smallville (2001-2011) with my new roommate, who hasn't see one minute of it.. Does anyone remember that show? I quite enjoyed it the first time watching "live". It might have lost some steam after Season 4, but there was tonnes of fun stuff going on throughout all 10 Seasons! Any thoughts?
  • Posted: June 6, 2018 3:20:01 pm
  • It was a great show that had a long run and probably what influenced DC to make Gotham. If you look at the numbers Smallville brought in more viewership the first 4 of it's 10 seasons than Gotham has in it's 4 seasons. Ratings maintained those numbers up until the 8th season when it started to decline. I think it proves that people do like Superman–when well written. I loved the episodes when Christopher Reeve made an appearance. I remember getting teary eyed. I also still think if DC had done things right they would have cast Tom Welling in Man of Steel or even the current Supergirl series. With the fan base from Smallville already established it would have been epic.

Last edited June 6, 2018 3:23:34 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: June 7, 2018 2:32:19 am
  • I was never able to watch the original run but heard plenty of good things about it. I will try to catch up one of these years!!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: June 14, 2018 1:43:56 pm
  • I just finished Season 1 and got cracking on Season 2 immediately. The huge cliffhanger at the end of Season 1 made it so. Surprisingly, this is still a quite enjoyable show (after ALL these years) and the FX isn't as bad as I first thought. This was originally aired in 2001 after all!!
  • Posted: June 16, 2018 6:15:34 am
  • Amazing! Once they left for the city late season 4 or early 5 it got a little lame IMO but still good. The best thing was that small town feel with odd things happening, LOVED IT!
  • Posted: June 16, 2018 6:28:57 pm
  • LOVE the show, with Seasons and 5 and 9 being my favorites. The show definitely went on longer than it should have though, and their interpretation of 'Darkseid' for Season 10 was incredibly lame. d'oh!
  • Posted: June 29, 2018 1:31:00 pm
  • I just finished Season 3 last night. I almost forgot how much I loved the last episode (titled "Covenant"). Season 3 was great all the way through!! I invented a saying: D.D.L.L. (Don't Disappoint Lionel Luthor). If you thought Lex Luthor was evil, you obviously haven't seen Smallville.
  • Posted: July 11, 2018 12:56:30 pm
  • I just finished the 100th episode (Season 5, episode 12) of Smallville. The creators of the show were leading up to this fairly important event. Without wrecking it for everybody, someone KEY dies in this landmark episode. Yes, I have been blasting through this series. I'm barely watching anything else (say no to World Cup Soccer). I'm still quite enjoying this re-watch of a classic Super-hero TV show. Remember.... Arrow, Gotham, Flash, Daredevil, etc. would have never got made if it wasn't for this trailblazing show (or a couple others like Buffy and Xena).
  • Posted: July 13, 2018 11:38:37 pm
  • I started watching around season four or five, and I couldn't miss it. But, I got tired of the show how every episode was so similar..very formulaic. I can't remember where I started but, I stopped watching around the time when Supergirl came to earth. Again, by then I was tired of the same formula, episode, after episode. Unfortunately, that's turned me of of any/all CW show. (Green) Arrow looks pretty good, and it seems there's some darkness there but...after watching for a little bit, the cheese of CW shows appeared, and I turned channels. If it was a different network, I'm sure it would really be worth watching.
    Sorry, getting off-topic. Anyway, I guess for someone that's never watched Smallville, they might really enjoy it, the younger-the-better, as it really caters to a younger demographic(which sadly, I am not anymore).
  • Posted: July 21, 2018 12:34:04 pm
  • Even though Yoshi2001 wasn't much of a fan, I'm continuing along with my Smallville watching. I just started season 7 a couple of days ago. I know some less exciting story-lines are coming up, but I don't care, I'm still having a blast!!
18 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1b
  • Clover Press, LLC's Kabumpo in Oz Hard Cover # 1
  • DC Comics's Power Girl Issue # 7g
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine Issue # 46