feature requests

The new Krypton TV show (Comic Book Forums)

• The new Krypton TV show

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 12, 2018 1:02:31 pm
  • So, who's watching? I've seen the first three episodes and have not been that impressed. My favourite aspect has been that the scenery is visually stunning. I find it funny that everyone living on Krypton in the past had strong English accents. What's with that? Any comments and/or criticisms?
  • Posted: April 12, 2018 1:09:55 pm
  • I've been watching, it's pretty good.
    But I'm not really too familiar with the DC history so not sure if this is all new material or is it following something done in the comics?
    So the main character is Superman's grandpa right?
    I think the reason for the english accents is that it's coming out of the UK.
    I find it interesting that the Kryptonians are for the most part poor and oppressed.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: April 17, 2018 12:25:02 pm
  • Saw the first episode and don't plan on watching anymore. Not a fan of 100 BC architecture and poor lighting mixed with high tech technology.
  • Posted: April 20, 2018 3:29:16 am
  • Yeah it's pretty nice visually. I've watched the episodes so far...I like the concept mostly, but it probably would have made more sense as a 6 episode miniseries with the "we must save time" story, rather than all the politicking.
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
  • Posted: May 19, 2018 12:46:20 pm
  • The first ep. was okay but I'm not going to watch anymore. I hate the fact that DC keeps tiptoeing around their main characters; like Gotham or Smallville. I've read that they are going to make an Alfred series. So lame.Sad
  • Posted: May 22, 2018 7:01:40 pm
  • mrhan1 said:
    The first ep. was okay but I'm not going to watch anymore. I hate the fact that DC keeps tiptoeing around their main characters; like Gotham or Smallville. I've read that they are going to make an Alfred series. So lame.Sad

I don't see the appeal of any series that dances around the important characters. In all honesty, most DC characters are lame to me anyway.
  • Posted: August 8, 2018 8:17:10 pm
  • I didn't watch the first season, but I will tune in for season two because Lobo is supposed to be part of it. In fact, The Main Man is supposed to be the main villain for season two. That's what I read.
  • Posted: August 10, 2018 1:48:23 am
  • logerine said:
    I didn't watch the first season, but I will tune in for season two because Lobo is supposed to be part of it. In fact, The Main Man is supposed to be the main villain for season two. That's what I read.

Placing my bet now (based on the overall tone of Krypton so far) that this version of Lobo will be closer to the New 52 Lobo than The Main Man.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: August 10, 2018 2:05:52 am
  • atom said:
    logerine said:
    I didn't watch the first season, but I will tune in for season two because Lobo is supposed to be part of it. In fact, The Main Man is supposed to be the main villain for season two. That's what I read.

Placing my bet now (based on the overall tone of Krypton so far) that this version of Lobo will be closer to the New 52 Lobo than The Main Man.

You may be right, but boy I hope you're wrong. EmoBo is not my cup of tea.
16 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Archie Comics Group's Betty & Veronica: Friends Forever - Fairy Tales Issue # 1the616-b
  • Marvel Comics's Giant-Size: The Incredible Hulk Issue # 1d
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 81b
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4acme-c