feature requests

Gotham By Gaslight (Comic Book Forums)

• Gotham By Gaslight

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 9, 2018 10:33:01 am
  • Anyone see this yet? I was expecting a direct adaptation of the comic but besides the time and plot it's pretty much it's own story. It also has elements of the follow up to Gaslight. Best way to describe it is it's an Elseworld of an Elseworld.
  • Posted: February 9, 2018 1:07:05 pm
  • Mrhan1, I just saw The Killing Joke animated feature. I was very unhappy with the first half (which was not in the book). Is Gotham By Gaslight as unnecessary as that one? I sure hope not as those two Batman stories are in my top 5 Best Batman yarns.
  • Posted: February 9, 2018 1:22:07 pm
  • brucifer said:
    Mrhan1, I just saw The Killing Joke animated feature. I was very unhappy with the first half (which was not in the book). Is Gotham By Gaslight as unnecessary as that one? I sure hope not as those two Batman stories are in my top 5 Best Batman yarns.

I was disappointed with the added material in TKJ, also. As I stated in my original post; it is the same plot but different from the comic. Really, really different. I don't want to spoil anything but I actually thought it was decent but not as good as the original story.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Tiny Tot Pub.'s Carpet Crawler Comics Issue nn
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1trinity
  • No Publisher Listed's Riese: The Kingdom Falling - Accept the Sect Issue ashcan
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 3illum