feature requests

Disney buying Fox is the greatest thing to happen to Marvel (Comic Book Forums)

• Disney buying Fox is the greatest thing to happen to Marvel

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 14, 2017 4:45:35 pm
  • Just think - X-Men in the same universe as the Avengers! A Fantastic Four movie that might not suck! As long as the next Deadpool is rated R I'll be happy.
  • Posted: December 14, 2017 5:32:25 pm
  • Maybe Disney should buy Warner Brothers, then DC movies won't suck! Razz

With Disney buying Fox, I don't think Disney would be ok with R rated movies, which would suck for Deadpool, and any future X-23 movies.
  • Posted: December 15, 2017 6:59:16 am
  • Read an article on CBR that says R rated is still on the table.

"Deadpool fans don’t need to worry about Disney acquiring the rights to the Merc with a (foul) Mouth. In the wake of the announced Disney/Fox deal, CEO Bob Iger indicates R-rated films are on the table for Marvel Studios."

https://www.cbr.com/disney-deadpool-remain-r-rated/
  • Posted: December 15, 2017 10:13:29 am
  • I'm thinking X-Men Vs. Avengers (The Movie) would be nice for the world to enjoy. A good Fantastic Four movie would be great too (the last three have not been very well received). Either way, the Marvel Universe just got a little bigger.
  • Posted: December 15, 2017 10:40:12 am
  • R ratings aren't a problem for Disney. They have released tons of R rated movies under other studio properties they own. As long as the Disney name doesn't appear anywhere on the movie it won't be a big deal .
  • Posted: December 15, 2017 11:10:27 am
  • Good point, anything that says "Disney" on it has to be kid approved.
  • Posted: December 15, 2017 11:18:15 am
  • Jimbo749 said:
    Good point, anything that says "Disney" on it has to be kid approved.

Most people don't know that Disney actually released Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction.
  • Posted: December 18, 2017 9:52:43 am
  • I'm crossing my fingers that since Infinity War will be a two part movie they'll hopefully bring in the Silver Surfer by the 2nd part. I just can't see how they could tell this story without him. I would love to also see Disney bring justice to the Fantastic Four characters and give them the light they deserve.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Rebellion's 2000 AD: Christmas Mega Special Issue # 2362
  • IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Saturday Morning Adventures - Continued  Issue # 11stashhhloot-a
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 46c
  • Studio Brie Comix's The Clique Issue # 3