feature requests

Crisis on Earth X (Comic Book Forums)

Author Crisis on Earth X
Posted: December 1, 2017 11:48:54 am
Another four-part crossover from the makers of your favourite DC TV shows just aired this week. Who watched it? I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The Earth X (or 53) World was a bit predictable (yawn, more Nazis?). The action was top-notch. There were more heroes in some scenes than anyone could have ever imagined (even 5 years ago). The Ray was introduced. Professor Stein bit the bullet. White Canary and Alex hooking up. Two marriages at the very end. Even though this has nothing to do with the classic Crisis from the '80s that so many DC fans enjoyed, it was still worth watching. Thanks DC, now (gulp) get cracking on some good movies please.
Posted: December 2, 2017 8:05:17 am
brucifer said:
Another four-part crossover from the makers of your favourite DC TV shows just aired this week. Who watched it? I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The Earth X (or 53) World was a bit predictable (yawn, more Nazis?). The action was top-notch. There were more heroes in some scenes than anyone could have ever imagined (even 5 years ago). The Ray was introduced. Professor Stein bit the bullet. White Canary and Alex hooking up. Two marriages at the very end. Even though this has nothing to do with the classic Crisis from the '80s that so many DC fans enjoyed, it was still worth watching. Thanks DC, now (gulp) get cracking on some good movies please.

You basically spoiled the whole story. I'm sure that's not appreciated by those who haven't seen it yet.

By the way; your right, it doesn't have anything to do with the Crisis. It was inspired by a JLA/JSA team up story in JLA 107 and 108 from the early 70's.

Posted: December 2, 2017 10:11:08 am
Sorry, I guess I should have said SPOILER ALERT!!!! I don't like destroying anyone's enjoyment of comic book TV shows. I didn't know about the JLA #107 & 108.

Last edited December 2, 2017 10:12:21 am
Posted: December 2, 2017 2:22:32 pm
I saw it "On Demand" and evidently saw it out of order. I saw Arrow first, Supergirl second, Flash 3rd and DC Legends last. After watching it all, I felt like I'd missed an episode.

Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!

I don't remember them catching Prometheus, and what happened to him?
When did the Arrow sidekicks show up long enough to get captured?
Maybe I was in the kitchen using the microwave when those events took place, but I felt like the whole crossover was very disjointed.
Am I the only one who feels that the Jax/Professor bond has been a little sick all along? It looks like some kind of pedophile relationship. Were the homosexual relationships in this crossover really necessary? Does this mean Rory is gay also?
I expected each episode to focus around the characters for the show being aired. You'd think Flash's marriage ceremony disruption would have taken place on Flash, not Supergirl. You'd think the last half of Legends would not have been about Flash & Green Arrow. I like the way they brought in all the side characters and didn't skimp on CGI despite the fact they probably pulled out old 3-D model files and just reused them in a new context.
Posted: December 2, 2017 7:56:46 pm
Big Boss. You sound so upset. I too almost watched it out of order. Luckily the episodes had a "? of 4" for each one in Canada.

1) Prometheus was dealt with last season on Arrow.
2) Episode 2
3) It wasn't disjointed as much as it was all over the place?
4) It was like that in the comic books in Vol. 1 for many issues.
5) I think two men can love each other and not be gay.
6) Rory is definitely not gay.
7) They should have "featured" the characters whose show it was with more screen time, I agree. Unfortunately with so much going on and the story in four chapters, we have to take it. Let's face it, people who watch part one of Crisis on Earth X are most likely going to watch all four parts anyway.

It was still worth your while? Last year's 4-part crossover with the Dominators was pretty good but had similar flaws.
Posted: December 2, 2017 9:54:35 pm
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
brucifer said:
Big Boss. You sound so upset. I too almost watched it out of order. Luckily the episodes had a "? of 4" for each one in Canada.

1) Prometheus was dealt with last season on Arrow.
2) Episode 2
3) It wasn't disjointed as much as it was all over the place?
4) It was like that in the comic books in Vol. 1 for many issues.
5) I think two men can love each other and not be gay.
6) Rory is definitely not gay.
7) They should have "featured" the characters whose show it was with more screen time, I agree. Unfortunately with so much going on and the story in four chapters, we have to take it. Let's face it, people who watch part one of Crisis on Earth X are most likely going to watch all four parts anyway.

It was still worth your while? Last year's 4-part crossover with the Dominators was pretty good but had similar flaws.

1) I know the fate of our Earth's Prometheus. The Earth X Prometheus was captured at some point in the crossover and he was in one of the Metahuman cells at Flash's base of operations.
2) I'll have to watch episode 2 again which would have been Arrow?
3) I still feel that it was disjointed. The whole crossover focused on Flash & Green Arrow. Even Supergirl seemed like an afterthought.
4) In comic books? Something modern? Modern comics are horrible.
5) The Ray & Captain Cold were kissing each other on the lips. I have no desire as a hetero male to pal around with a guy that wants to engage in sex with men. I would question why another guy wanted to pal around with me if he was attracted to men . Obviously he'd have better odds in finding an emotionally like-minded person if he wasn't spending all his best buddy time with a straight man. To each their own, Rory doesn't seem to be the type to want that either. Let's say these two guys love each other. Was it a necessary part of the story? Did it advance the plot and action on the screen? If these show are more interested in promoting a sexual lifestyle than a superhero plot, I'll probably quit watching them.
6) Typically, a straight man has no interest in being best buddies with a guy who wants to hug them, kiss them, or penetrate them. Just as the lesbians who live across the street from me have faithfully ignored me from day one when I politely wave and say hello. They don't even know me, but they promptly turn their face away if eye contact is made from across the street.
7) They will be more likely to watch all parts, but I'm a bigger fan of the totem toting girls on DC Legends and I was disappointed that I was watching the Flash more. I wish the writing would improve on Legends, but the new cast members have improved the acting as well as my interest in the characters.
Posted: December 2, 2017 10:07:17 pm
The Earth X Prometheus took a cyanide pill or something like that. The original Firestorm The Nuclear Man was a teen and an old scientist sharing one body. Not sure what Firestorm 2017 in the comics is up to (nor do I care). I'm going to pass on all the gay stuff comments. I agree it seems to be quite forced sometimes (and not just in the DC Universe).

I think if I had to choose from the four shows it would have to be Legends. It's way funnier. It's not as strict to the "good guy" code. They get to travel through time and fuck things up and THEN try to fix them. The team is pretty diverse and interesting. Rory is a blast in every scene.
Posted: December 2, 2017 11:38:51 pm
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!
Spoilers!

I just watched Arrow again. It explains the Prometheus fate, but doesn't mention his name once since the reference to his name was just a cliffhanger from Supergirl to lead into Arrow.
I also see the fate of Arrows sidekicks. One fight in the dark and they are all taken of of action. The girl never once uses her powers until after she's locked up. That's implausible to me. Rory has been one of the worst actors on any of the shows, but they've attempted to give his character more depth and his acting has improved. I really wish they'd get rid of him. On his show, I'd rather watch the totem bearing girls. Even the water witch or whatever she's calledis more entertaining to me. Then again, I don't even like the White Canary. The first season acting on Legends was horrible, so as they replace the characters one by one, the show improves.
The gay themes are forced ad nauseam. If they dedicated a segment to puppy training in every episode, I would be just as tired of that too.
I also felt the ending with Oliver was predictable.

World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 42 years, 357 days, 6 hours of Run Time

Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home

Join World Community Grid today!

CBR App on Android
Newest Covers
  • DC Comics's Batgirl and the Birds of Prey Issue # 17b
  • Marvel Comics's Champions TPB # 2
  • Dark Horse Comics's Lady Killer TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars Issue # 40
Cool Statues
Recently Rated
Marvel Comics's Deadpool Issue # 1
This comic was rated 4.3636 stars by 11 members
Deadpool