feature requests

Was Gal Gadot in both WW pictures? (Comic Book Forums)

Author Was Gal Gadot in both WW pictures?
Posted: December 1, 2017 8:17:26 am
Having a friendly discussion at work. In Batman/Superman we see an old photo of Wonder Woman. We see the exact same photo at the beginning of Wonder Woman. However, the actual pose from the same Wonder Woman movie is different (see the highlighted areas).

This is fine, but it is strange that they wouldn't use the recreated pose from Wonder Woman at the beginning of the movie.

The debate now however is was that really Gal Gadot in the Batman/Superman photo? I don't think it was as in one Wonder Woman has a shorter/wider face and the other appears to be longer/skinnier. Or did Zack Snyder envision WW in a different light? If so, back to the original question, why not make a new photo for WW?

Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
Posted: December 1, 2017 9:05:41 am
Maybe they thought it would go unnoticed? The b/w photo was probably heavily edited, the photo looks a bit stretched or at least different shot framing. Movie scene looks like a wider shot, look at the windows in the background. Maybe that's why her face looks "wider"?

The two shots were probably taken months apart as well, but i wouldn't have noticed without someone pointing it out.

I don't really know what I'm talking about
Posted: December 1, 2017 9:13:21 am
It is definitely 2 shots (due to the differences in costuming).

I guess it is possible Zack edited the original to make her look more buff?
Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
Posted: December 1, 2017 9:24:54 am
I just read an article recently that said she actually gained 17lbs of muscle during prep for the movie. She says the training regimen was more difficult than training in the Israeli Army. So now i have no idea.

Interesting discussion for work, that never happens where I am.

Last edited December 1, 2017 9:25:28 am
Posted: December 4, 2017 11:00:32 am
I remember reading she was 5-6 months pregnant while shooting the final scenes for Wonder Woman. That could easily explain the wider face.
We strike hard and fade away into the night

World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 42 years, 323 days, 23 hours of Run Time

Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home

Join World Community Grid today!

CBR App on Android
Newest Covers
  • DC Comics's Batman: White Knight Issue # 3
  • Image Comics's Black Cloud Issue # 6
  • Eclipse Comics's Eclipse Extra Issue # 2
  • Eclipse Comics's Eclipse Extra Issue # 29
CBR.com member auction items ?
Cool Statues
Recently Rated
DC Comics's Superman Issue # 8
This comic was rated 4.5000 stars by 2 members