feature requests

Marvel vs. DC: Whose classic comics have aged better? (Comic Book Forums)

• Marvel vs. DC: Whose classic comics have aged better?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 30, 2017 10:03:25 am
  • I think a good story is good regardless of when it was written. I have the entire collection of DC/Vertigo Sandman from the 90s. The trade paperbacks are still best sellers. The run Frank Miller did on Daredevil in the 80s is still a lot of fun to read, as were his Batman stories. There are so many we could mention that have aged gracefully over time. I think the true test is that people still talk about them decades later. One observation I have noticed though from comics in the 60s-70s, it seems that DC was writing them for an older reading age level as to where Marvel was intentionally writing them for younger. This may have had to do with the fact that DC had been around a lot longer and were trying to keep their long time readers. Marvel had just started out and were bringing in new.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: November 30, 2017 1:08:25 pm
  • Raph - That was a well executed response, but these posts reek of spam (from OP). Posts have ranged from gaming to comics to PLC automation, lifted straight from various forums.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Al Barrett's Atomman Special # 10
  • Image Comics's Something Epic Issue # 9
  • Yen Press's Trinity Seven: Revision Soft Cover # 1
  • DC Comics's Wonder Woman Issue # 8