feature requests

Justice Denied (Comic Book Forums)

• Justice Denied

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 24, 2017 1:28:51 am
  • Spoilers ahead!So are we going to discuss the hot mess that was Justice League or was it so bad no one wants to even bring it up? I have to say I was thoroughly disappointed, especially after having my DC hopes raised by the excellent Wonder Woman film. But this epic disaster lived up to my worst expectations and beyond.
    Where to begin? First the good. Gal Gadot was excellent, as she has been so far in every appearance. The flashback sequence featuring Zeus, a Green Lantern and others was very good. Mr. Born To Be Wild's first appearance on earth, on Themyscira was excellent. The CGI was very nice.
    Now the bad. Everything else. Ben Affleck gave us the most dense, ineffectual, clueless Batman ever. The jokes were bad. The development of the new characters was rushed. The jokes were lame. The motivations not believable. The menace totally missing after Mr. Hope River on his chest showed up. The I-actually-give-a--about-any-of-these-characters was noticeably lacking. The plot had holes you could drive a semi through. The Russians were pointless and not used well. The direction was terrible (they should never let Zach Snyder near a super hero film again). I could go on but you get the idea. How about you? Did you like it?
    Tenzil
  • Posted: November 24, 2017 1:26:59 pm
  • I didn't have a problem with any of the actors. I just thought it was a stupid story. I thought it was a stupid villain. The minions were too similar to the aliens in the first Avengers movie. At no point was I emotionally invested in the characters or the outcome of their situation. Aquaman was the most useless leading character in the film. Nothing about him inspires me to watch a spin-off movie with him in it.
    Why did they make the Flash an idiot? At no point in my life of ever reading a Flash comic was he a moron.

The attempts at humor were all bad.

I've never seen a Snyder movie that impressed me.

All that being said, it wasn't as bad as Superman vs. Batman or Suicide Squad.

I liked when Superman first encountered the Flash. I liked the cameo of a Green Lantern character. Gal Gadot is perfect as Wonder Woman.
  • Posted: November 24, 2017 1:41:37 pm
  • I haven't seen the new Justice League movie yet. My main complaint (besides everyone saying it sucked) is the use of a new Flash. What's wrong with the TV version? Most fans love the TV version, why change the actor for the movie? Confusing, to say the least.

I had my hopes lifted a little when I heard Joss Whedon came in at the end to take over director duties. He allegedly changed some stuff and re-shot more Wonder Woman (fine by me). Is DC trying TOO hard to be a Marvel movie?

How in the are the DC TV shows and Animated movies quite excellent, yet their movies are never good (except Wonder Woman) lately? My brain hurts trying to figure that one out.

I'm going to go watch Avengers 1 again to see how a large team of heroes can be handled properly in a movie.

Last edited November 24, 2017 1:42:39 pm
  • Posted: November 24, 2017 9:33:00 pm
  • brucifer said:
    I haven't seen the new Justice League movie yet. My main complaint (besides everyone saying it sucked) is the use of a new Flash. What's wrong with the TV version? Most fans love the TV version, why change the actor for the movie? Confusing, to say the least.

I had my hopes lifted a little when I heard Joss Whedon came in at the end to take over director duties. He allegedly changed some stuff and re-shot more Wonder Woman (fine by me). Is DC trying TOO hard to be a Marvel movie?

How in the are the DC TV shows and Animated movies quite excellent, yet their movies are never good (except Wonder Woman) lately? My brain hurts trying to figure that one out.

I'm going to go watch Avengers 1 again to see how a large team of heroes can be handled properly in a movie.

I'm watching the DC shows on CW. The writing has some serious weaknesses, but it is better than anything DC has put in the theater. The TV show is a tad too juvenile for me. Every secret causes a serious problem, then it's fixed two episodes later. I've never seen more schizophrenic characters than those in the CW TV shows.

Last edited November 24, 2017 9:33:38 pm
  • Posted: November 25, 2017 5:18:31 pm
  • Yeah...it was bad. Of all the villians that work for Darkseid; they could have used Granny Goodness. She's a whole lot more interesting than Steppenwolf. Rolling Eyes
  • Posted: November 26, 2017 7:59:42 pm
  • I'll save my money and see Thor: Ragnarok again.
  • Posted: November 26, 2017 8:16:46 pm
  • If comic book fans are wishing for Granny Godness as the main villain instead of Steppenwolf in the new JLA movie, DC is in big, big trouble.
  • Posted: November 27, 2017 11:28:26 am
  • I too was disappointed. The dialogue was really cheesy at times. Snyder should be axed from doing another Superhero movie. It did have a few great moments like the slow-motion part when Superman sees Flash, and the Amazons fighting Steppenwolf but the movie as a whole lacked that wow factor. Having great characters together on screen for the first time should have felt a lot more exciting. It wasn’t as bad as Batman vs Superman but just like that movie it took an hour for the plot to get moving.

I was really hoping for a Green Lantern appearance and all we got was a flashback that showed the Lanterns that maybe lasted a few seconds. What a let down. The people involved with this movie really screwed it up. I can’t understand why would you promote teasers on social media with Superman’s black suit and then not even have it show up in the movie? In comics Superman came back with a beard and long hair. That would have been very cool to add. Steppenwolf was defeated too easily. I would have at least liked to have seen who won the race between Flash and Superman at the end. And the Deathstroke scene after the credits did not impress me. That costume looked like it belongs in the early 90s.

They did not get the Flash character right. Aquaman was appealing but also very different from comics. Batman was a bore. Superman was fun but stole too much of the spotlight. I never liked Cyborg in comics but he was really interesting in this movie.

The only thing keeping the DC movie franchise alive is Wonder Woman.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: November 27, 2017 9:08:56 pm
  • Rapha1978 said:
    I too was disappointed. The dialogue was really cheesy at times. Snyder should be axed from doing another Superhero movie. It did have a few great moments like the slow-motion part when Superman sees Flash, and the Amazons fighting Steppenwolf but the movie as a whole lacked that wow factor. Having great characters together on screen for the first time should have felt a lot more exciting. It wasn’t as bad as Batman vs Superman but just like that movie it took an hour for the plot to get moving.

I was really hoping for a Green Lantern appearance and all we got was a flashback that showed the Lanterns that maybe lasted a few seconds. What a let down. The people involved with this movie really screwed it up. I can’t understand why would you promote teasers on social media with Superman’s black suit and then not even have it show up in the movie? In comics Superman came back with a beard and long hair. That would have been very cool to add. Steppenwolf was defeated too easily. I would have at least liked to have seen who won the race between Flash and Superman at the end. And the Deathstroke scene after the credits did not impress me. That costume looked like it belongs in the early 90s.

They did not get the Flash character right. Aquaman was appealing but also very different from comics. Batman was a bore. Superman was fun but stole too much of the spotlight. I never liked Cyborg in comics but he was really interesting in this movie.

The only thing keeping the DC movie franchise alive is Wonder Woman.

Your review is pretty much identical to the way I felt about the movie.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Schanes & Schanes's Nightmares & Daydreams  Issue nightmares
  • Viz Media's Pokemon: Sword & Shield Soft Cover # 9
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: The High Republic Issue # 6
  • Marvel Comics's Web of Spider-Man Issue # 1c