feature requests

Punisher on Netflix (Comic Book Forums)

• Punisher on Netflix

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 21, 2017 10:26:08 am
  • Holy Omissions Batman!!!! How is it that this very cool series launched without me hearing about it? I've been waiting for this TV show for over 25 years. Frank Castle is one of my favourite Marvel characters. If you enjoy brutal vigilantes with zero regrets, this is the show for you. I'll comment more when I'm finished watching all the episodes.
  • Posted: November 21, 2017 10:56:45 am
  • I've watched the first 3-4 episodes and really like so far. I never read any of the Punisher books, so I can only judge the show based on what I see. Hopefully the show ends being enjoyable for fans of the books.

Do you remember the Punisher movie from 1989? I actually liked that one better than the 2004 version. Plus Biohazard sampled lines from the movie on the track "Punishment"
  • Posted: November 21, 2017 10:58:55 am
  • i only watched the first episode so far...but wow it looks good.

Jimbo, i actually own that movie on DVD lol...and the other 2 (2004 and War Zone)...of the 3 i gotta say that War Zone was the best (IMO)
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: November 21, 2017 11:02:51 am
  • Oh yea, I completely forgot about War Zone. That one reminded me of some John Woo, gun-fu type stuff.
  • Posted: November 21, 2017 11:36:16 am
  • lol yeah, but of the 3 films...it tops them all (though it was only a 6/10 in my book lol)
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: November 22, 2017 9:49:11 am
  • Wait a minute, Jimbo has NEVER EVER read a Punisher comic book? Tsk, tsk.
    I'm only a few episodes in, but I am enjoying this quite gritty show. This is exactly what Punisher fans needed to help forget the not-so-good full-length movies. Sorry to Thomas Jane, Dolph Lundgren and Ray Stevenson, but Jon Bernthal is THE Punisher!!
  • Posted: November 23, 2017 5:55:55 pm
  • I still like the guy, 3 good movies worth is enough to figure out what going on. I think i do own at least one Punisher book though. Shane fom Walking Dead does a great job in the show.
  • Posted: November 25, 2017 5:21:34 pm
  • I finished it awhile back. Even though there is a lot of set up and some may find it boring; the pay off is awesome. Well worth watching and I can't wait for the 2nd season.
  • Posted: November 27, 2017 11:30:14 pm
  • im at episode 4 . kind of enjoying it . but thinking of giving up on it soon if it doesn't get better. like I said its pretty good. but not one of those shows "i cant wait" to see asap .
  • Posted: November 30, 2017 10:55:23 am
  • I just finished The Punisher 13-part series on Netflix. THE GOOD: Jon Bernthal is awesome as the Punisher! He's about as vicious when it comes to doling out punishment as a Dirty Harry on crack. THE BAD: Thirteen episodes was way too long. This should have been done in about eight episodes. Some of the pacing is much too slow. I understand you can't have the Punisher killing baddies left and right for the entire episode. There must be a legit story for average fans to follow. THE UGLY: It's TV, so there are no ugly actors on the show (surprise, surprise). Some of the violence, blood and beatings might be a bit much for some.
    So, in conclusion, it's worth your while, but not the best super-hero show on Netflix. Can't wait to see what's next. 7.5/10
16 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Comics Presents Issue # 168
  • Pixel + Ink's Sky & Ty Hard Cover # 1
  • Andrews McMeel Publishing's Treats: A Mutts Treasury TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine Issue # 46