feature requests

When it comes to....???? (Comic Book Forums)

ComicBookRealm's new Android App is here!    After a lot of work and expense we finally have the first of our native apps. You can now take your collection with you (and offline) to your local store or to conventions, etc. Get it Now!

Author When it comes to....????
Posted: August 11, 2017 1:13:42 am
Comic movies Marvel or DC??? I think with Disney behind Marvel I have to give it to them. However Gotham and Arrow are awesome TV shows compared to Agents of Shield
Posted: August 11, 2017 10:04:49 am
Right now I m really enjoying DC's comics and movies. I don't have the time to really watch all the shows but have to give it to Marvel for the ones they put out on Netflix. So for me DC is winning it in comics and movies. Marvel winning it with their Netflix series.
We strike hard and fade away into the night
Posted: August 11, 2017 6:25:19 pm
im quite the opposite of Panman...I dont think DC movies come anywhere close to Marvel at this point...Theres not much hype at all about the Justice League movie they are building up to where as Marvel...everyone and theyre non collecting brother are excited about "The War". Show wise i simply dont have the time to keep up so i dont, i really cant give an unbias opinion there...Comics on the other hand, DC stories are waaaay better then Marvels at the current moment...Granted i still regularly read more Marvel comics on a consistant basis (right now Venom and Infamous Iron Man among a few others).

GOOD DC Movies: Suicide Squad and almost all their animated movies
GOOD MARVEL Movies: Almost all of them (barring IM3 and Thor2, and of course Most of the Pre-Marvel Marvel movies lol).

I have always been a Marvel fan, but they are lacking in the writing department..I think my last BIG event i followed was Planet Hulk/World War Hulk and Marvel Zombies (yes i buy and read all the offshoot minis each year, but not the same as the 1st series and the MZ vs AOD series)

Last edited August 11, 2017 6:28:35 pm
Doom Pulls the Strings!

Posted: August 11, 2017 8:51:23 pm
They both have their good and bad movies/tv shows but at the moment I think Marvel is a bit better than DC. I'm a huge DC fan but their movies are awful with the exception of Wonder Woman. DC animation is also way better than Marvel. There isn't anything that Marvel animation ever made that comes close. Early 90's Marvel animation was good but their later efforts are terrible. Even after all these years nothing tops Batman The Animated Series from either company.
Posted: August 11, 2017 10:09:53 pm
definately agree with Marvels older animated, but their newer animated shows and movies (besides maybe wolverine and the xmen and the digital series' episodes) arent that good...the animated ultimate avengers, doctor strange and iron man were alright, not SWEET!!, you know lol, DC definately wins in the animated department lol.. i always said, among my group of friends, that DC wins animated, Marvel wins real life lol...so far its still true (in my opinion)

DC is also not scared to show a cartoony, but serious and bloody movie or series either which is why they definately take the cake there....Batman Killing Joke is a prime example lol...
Doom Pulls the Strings!

Posted: August 12, 2017 2:13:18 pm
AmZoMBiE said:

GOOD DC Movies: Suicide Squad and almost all their animated movies

Very few people say that about Suicide Squad. It was rated 25% on Rotten Tomatoes. One of the worst comic book movies I've ever seen.

I liked Man of Steel, BVS (the uncut version), and Wonder Woman. I love the Marvel movies too but they are sort of feeling like the same thing over and over again. If they're not careful it'll start to become like Transformers where no one really cares what movie it is as long as the characters are all there.

Last edited August 12, 2017 2:15:25 pm
We strike hard and fade away into the night
Posted: August 14, 2017 2:28:48 am
I don't read enough current comics of either company to comment on those. In the category of animated I would give the decision to DC. In the area of television for me it is a tie. I like most of the DC super hero TV shows, with the exception of Gotham which jumped the shark long ago but I also enjoy Agents of SHIELD and what I have seen so far of the Netflix series. If I had to declare a champion in this category I would go to Marvel for the simple reason that all their shows tie into the MCU. What I hate about the DC shows is they have no bearing whatsoever on the films. In movies it is Marvel by a mile. If the contest was a boxing match it would have been stopped four rounds ago. I liked Wonder Woman a lot - I though it was terrific and by far the best DCU film - but I am not sure I would place it ahead of any of my favorite ten MCU films. I hope DC continues to make movies like this one and closes the gap but they have a long way to go IMO.
Tenzil

Newest Covers
  • Rebellion's Absalom: Under A False Flag Soft Cover # 1
  • Oni Press's Rick and Morty Issue # 29
  • Oni Press's Spontaneous Hard Cover # 1
  • IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Dimension X Issue # 4
CBR.com member auction items ?
Cool Statues