feature requests

Deadpool 2 Domino: Thoughts? (Comic Book Forums)

• Deadpool 2 Domino: Thoughts?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 2, 2017 3:22:14 pm
  • How'd they mess this up? Deadpool costume is spot on. Cable is spot on. And well that costume looks really stupid. She better be good at acting because if not the character will have no appeal to fans.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: August 2, 2017 9:35:58 pm
  • I agree. Why didn't they paint her white with the black eye? Why does the character have an afro? Strange choices for the Neena Thurman character.
  • Posted: August 3, 2017 1:11:52 pm
  • Yeah if I didn't know that was supposed to be Domino I wouldn't know...that said I just don't think the all painted white look would work on film, may come across as a mime with guns Laughing
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: August 3, 2017 1:49:21 pm
  • Just do a Google image search for "Domino X-Force Cosplay". You'll see a lot of women have pulled it off successfully. Whatever this is seems more like a forced attempt to try and bring diversity to the Deadpool film.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: August 3, 2017 2:39:12 pm
  • Forced diversity? Marvel would never do that with their comic books or movies. Oh, wait......
  • Posted: August 3, 2017 7:22:48 pm
  • Canuck said:
    Yeah if I didn't know that was supposed to be Domino I wouldn't know...that said I just don't think the all painted white look would work on film, may come across as a mime with guns Laughing

Looks pretty kick to me. At least these are better than that abomination they came up with for Deadpool 2. I don't have a problem with the actress. Just paint her white, give her the black eye, and change her hair.

Last edited August 3, 2017 7:23:20 pm
  • Posted: August 6, 2017 5:18:23 pm
  • I don't have an issue with the actress but as others have stated....how do they mess up a look/effect that's so simple to create?
  • Posted: August 6, 2017 5:34:32 pm
  • I agree. I don't buy the looks like a mime excuse either. They painted Harley Quinn and The Joker white. That worked out well didn't it?
  • Posted: August 7, 2017 2:12:17 pm
  • I love her look!!!! Everything doesn't have to ripped from the page verbatim.
  • Posted: August 10, 2017 9:58:25 pm
  • brucifer said:
    Forced diversity? Marvel would never do that with their comic books or movies. Oh, wait......

logerine said:
    Canuck said:
    Yeah if I didn't know that was supposed to be Domino I wouldn't know...that said I just don't think the all painted white look would work on film, may come across as a mime with guns Laughing
    Looks pretty kick to me. At least these are better than that abomination they came up with for Deadpool 2. I don't have a problem with the actress. Just paint her white, give her the black eye, and change her hair. ImageImage

I'm tired of that. If the person's supposed to be some Albino looking chick, leave her as such. If a villain's supposed to be some weird green skinned dude, leave them as such. Don't "race bend."
  • Posted: August 12, 2017 10:05:16 pm
  • Seems like a bit of an odd choice but, seeing as how they went a different route with cable when it didn't look good, i'm going to keep my fingers crossed that they know what they're doing now, too. I mean, that first movie was nearly perfect, so they get a bit more benefit of the doubt from me for round 2 than they normally would.
  • Posted: August 14, 2017 2:08:56 pm
  • pierre0685 said:
    I love her look!!!! Everything doesn't have to ripped from the page verbatim.

That's true. Everything doesn't have to be ripped from the page exactly, but Domino (the comic book character) has such a specific look, it's important to keep that look for the movie. Domino has bright white skin with a black circle around her left eye. And she has straight, short hair, not an afro. The costume looks off too. Shame on you

Apparently the film maker felt differently. Confused

• Posted: August 14, 2017 5:04:46 pm
  • well...the name domino brings one thing to mind...a white tile with black dots...hmmm...not against the actor or race bending...but come on.. lol...although they did an awesome job the first time....lets see what they do before we start whining lol...

P.S. - Just remember "Domino's 1st appearance was NM98" or was it? Copycat? I know they used Vanessa's name for his main squeeze...but maybe ...just maybe...she wasnt actually the character Copycat? I never checked the credits to see if thats what they named her or if it was just Vanessa....i could be digging here...but lets see how they unravel it...(I know every website lists her as copycat...but did the film is what i meant, and weve ALL been just speculating)

Last edited August 14, 2017 5:14:19 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: August 15, 2017 12:18:04 pm
15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Sofawolf Press's Anthrolations Issue # 5
  • BBC Books's Doctor Who: Rose Hard Cover # 1
  • DC Comics's Superman/Batman Issue # 20
  • DC Comics's The Flash Issue # 7