feature requests

What did you guys think of Spider Man: Homecoming? (Comic Book Forums)

• What did you guys think of Spider-Man: Homecoming?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 9, 2017 6:14:16 pm
  • Anyone else catch it this weekend or plan to? I just saw it and thought it was great fun. Definitely better than The Amazing Spider-Man series. I liked that they did not make this an origin movie. Though I still really love the 2002 movie and will probably rank that one as my favorite, this new one is a close tie.

Last edited July 9, 2017 6:15:38 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: July 10, 2017 2:42:29 am
  • SPOILERS ahead, you have been warned! I loved this version of Spider-Man with a few minor quibbles. I did like some of the earlier Tobey Maguire films but this one is the best, if for no other reason than he is playing in the same sandbox as the rest of the MCU! Great writing and directing on this one too, with enough surprises to keep this fanboy happy. I loved Peter's opening "movie" and seeing the Civil War from his POV. Vulture, his origin, the way his suit worked were all done to perfection. I thought both Liz and Michelle were terrific and the high school angst was extremely well done. My only dissatisfaction there was Flash. He is seemingly smaller than Peter and did not seem nearly enough of a bully for my tastes, and barely seemed to bother Peter at all. Ned Leeds is fantastic and I thought Happy did a really great job in this one. I did miss seeing JJJ, though it makes sense that a fifteen year old will not find a job with him. Loved the Stan Lee cameo and I guess congrats are in order for Tony and you know who!! Now I can hardly wait for the Inhumans this September on our way to Ragnarok. And the final post credit scene is hilarious!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: July 22, 2017 6:18:00 pm
  • They should have edited down his best friend. He was irritating. Same goes for Flash. Otherwise, it was a good movie.

Last edited July 22, 2017 6:20:23 pm
  • Posted: July 25, 2017 3:28:37 pm
  • Maybe spoilers ahead... sort of?

I loved it. The kid (who is somehow in his 20's) who played Spider-Man was outstanding, and keaton killed it. I, like many, was super annoyed by the random casting of his school-circle... but, then again, if I knew nothing about the characters in the first place (like many people who will see the movie), I literally would have had no idea they were off and I would have enjoyed them. I thought it was really, really fun and look forward to more from this, hopefully lasting, round of Spidey. Good news is Tom Holland will probably look 15 for 10 more years, so that helps too (and probably aided in him getting the role).
  • Posted: July 29, 2017 11:12:01 pm
  • Spoilers:

I wasn't wild about it. I felt like I was watching another Iron Man movie. They need to move past the reboots. Watching another clumsy hero movie is annoying. The friend was annoying and more of a steal from DC's Superboy comic.
    On a positive note, Michael Keaton transcended all of his previous acting roles. He came across as evil, plausible, and he just nailed it. The ferryboat scene was idiotic. Explain why the boat was still floating at the end of the scene.

Last edited July 29, 2017 11:14:54 pm
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Titan Comics's Conan the Barbarian Issue # 9
  • Udon Entertainment's Street Fighter: Masters - Akuma vs Ryu Issue # 1
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Nefarious Smyths Issue # 12b
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 3d