feature requests

Batman vs Superman: Ultimate Edition (Comic Book Forums)

• Batman vs Superman: Ultimate Edition

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 25, 2016 2:13:30 pm
  • Has anyone watched the "Ultimate Edition"? Any thoughts? I got it this past weekend and have to say the extra 30 minutes did make it a much better movie. I didn't realize how scattered the plot seemed until this director cut. I believe they added a few minutes more to the Doomsday battle and final scenes at the very end which was an improvement. I noticed the priest in the funeral wake was the same priest Clark had spoken to in Man of Steel. And that part where Batman sneaks into the prison and confronts Lex. He says something about having made arrangements to have Lex transferred to Arkham Asylum... I think that may be a lead to something in Suicide Squad. We'll have to see.

Last edited July 25, 2016 2:13:53 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: July 26, 2016 2:02:12 am
  • Rapha, I totally agree. I was one of the people that really enjoyed the original cut but could sympathise with people's complaints re: the plot. It felt choppy and there were certain things I didn't quite get until I watched the Ultimate Edition. The cut scenes are not major but they make such a huge impact on the movie. That lady that testifies had a whole back story that made a whole lot more sense and added a lot to the movie, the build-up between Bats & Supes leading up to the vs bit also makes more sense.

Definitely more organic and fluid than what we got first time around.

Highly recommended whether you've seen the first release or not.
  • Posted: August 2, 2016 1:52:01 pm
  • You'd have to pay me to watch that disaster again. I just can't believe adding 30 minutes to an already bloated mess would help.
  • Posted: August 2, 2016 2:00:13 pm
  • It happened with Daredevil. The director cut was an entirely better movie.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: August 5, 2016 2:40:35 pm
  • Rapha is right. The Daredevil movie was not good, but the Director's cut improved it immensely. Maybe I will watch BvS (Director's Cut) afterall. Never thought I would say that.
  • Posted: August 8, 2016 1:51:54 am
  • Yaay, that is GREAT to hear!

Please get back to us when you have . . . would love to hear your thoughts Smile
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable Issue # 3b
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 10
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Super Heroes: Secret Wars Issue # 3facsimile-a
  • Marvel Comics's Thanos Issue # 4c