feature requests

ABC Cancels Agent Carter and Marvel's Most Wanted (Comic Book Forums)

• ABC Cancels Agent Carter and Marvel's Most Wanted

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 12, 2016 10:03:09 pm
  • "Agent Carter" will not return for a third season. According to The Hollywood Reporter, ABC has canceled the series.

Since star Hayley Atwell signed to ABC's new procedural "Conviction," her odds at filming both series was suspect, especially considering ABC's hopes for the new series. Additionally, the second season closed with series-low ratings, which further put the show's chances of renewal in jeopardy.

During the lead up to this decision, executive producer Tara Butters encouraged fans to Tweet their support for the show. Fans took to Twitter to show support for the cult favorite series, using the hashtag #RenewAgentCarter to urge ABC to renew the show.

"Agent Carter" season two concluded with a cliffhanger; one of the show's recurring characters, Chief Jack Thompson, was shot in his hotel by a mysterious figure in black, who took several forged documents that accuse Peggy of heinous war crimes. The finale also saw the demise of Whitney Frost and the first step in Peggy and Sousa's budding romantic relationship.

"Agent Carter" season two is now available for streaming on Amazon.

Also...

ABC will have a smaller Marvel presence this coming TV season than in recent years, as the network has officially passed on planned "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." spinoff "Marvel's Most Wanted," as reported Thursday by The Hollywood Reporter. The show, which made it to the pilot stage, was to star "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." vets Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood, in their roles as Bobbi Morse and Lance Hunter.

Following the cancellation of "Agent Carter," which was reported earlier on Thursday, ABC will have just one Marvel Television series on its 2016-2017 lineup; "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," entering its fourth season. It's not yet known if Palicki and Blood, who were "S.H.I.E.L.D." regulars and departed the show midway through its current season, will return to the flagship series now that "Marvel's Most Wanted" isn't moving forward.

"Marvel's Most Wanted" was headed by "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." co-executive producer Paul Zbyszewski, whose credits also include "Hawaii Five-0," "Lost" and "Day Break." Delroy Lindo was cast as long-running Marvel Comics character Dominic Fortune, and Oded Fehr and Fernanda Andrade were also part of the pilot cast. It remains to be seen if these actors will appear on "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." in any capacity.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: May 13, 2016 1:22:10 am
  • That's sad . . . I watched the first season of Agent Carter and really enjoyed it much more than I expected. I'll definitely be watching season 02.
  • Posted: May 13, 2016 2:18:56 am
  • That is sad. Agent Carter was very well done (both seasons). Also, Bobbi and Hunter need to make their way back to the Agents of SHIELD now that their new show has been canceled.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: May 13, 2016 9:14:37 am
  • That was one of those shows that I feel had a slow start but kept getting better with every episode.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: May 13, 2016 6:13:18 pm
  • Very sad on both fronts.
  • Posted: May 13, 2016 8:19:36 pm
  • I really liked Agent Carter. I liked the short seasons and how the character progressed. We already know what happens to the character in CA:CW but there is still a lot more stories to tell. Hopefully, she stays to at least make cameos in flashbacks.

I wish Netflix would pick it up even though it isn't part of their other Marvel series.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 246 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Yen Press's Chained Soldier Soft Cover # 7
  • DC Comics's Jay Garrick: The Flash Issue # 6b
  • Ballantine Books's The Brothers Hildebrandt Soft Cover nn
  • W.W. Norton & Company's Will Eisner's A Contract with God and Other Stories of Dropsie Anenue TPB # 1