feature requests

Who else is looking forward to Outcast? (Comic Book Forums)

• Who else is looking forward to Outcast?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 5, 2016 4:18:35 pm
  • I've been reading it since issue #1 and can't wait for this series. Being on Cinemax is a double-edged sword for this one. It's good for the content (ability to be more graphic) but most won't want to subscribe to Cinemax just for the show if they don't already have it. I have Cinemax so it doesn't impact me either way.

If you're in the New York area and want to catch a screening of the premier details are below:

OUTCAST NYC SCREENING!
    Live in NYC and can’t wait for the Outcast premiere?! Our partners at Cinemax are putting on a super special showing of the first episode on Friday the 13th at the New York Marble Cemetery! The first 20 Insiders to RSVP will get VIP seating. Everyone else is first come, first serve. RSVP to OutcastSkybound@civic-us.com with your full name and full name of your guest.

Last edited May 5, 2016 4:22:09 pm
    fsjeter's John Romita Sr Spider Man Covers album on Photobucket
  • Posted: May 5, 2016 7:47:55 pm
  • It's funny, I read the first 5-6 issues and it didn't grab me but the TV show previews look really interesting. Definitely going to give it a shot.
  • Posted: May 6, 2016 12:07:38 pm
  • It got me because it's not your typical Exorcist reboot demonic possession type story. Plus, with it on Cinemax it has the potential to be much creepier than the story.
  • Posted: May 7, 2016 1:23:34 am
  • junobeach said:
    It's funny, I read the first 5-6 issues and it didn't grab me but the TV show previews look really interesting. Definitely going to give it a shot.

Same
  • Posted: May 22, 2016 8:39:12 am
  • Anyone see the first episode yet? I can't believe I have watched the first episode of this just this morning and then Preacher tonight! Talk about a blue moon.

I only have the first few issues. I did enjoy them and wanted to continue reading but I never got around to getting the following issues or trades. After seeing the first episode, I think I will definitely be getting the complete run since it isn't too far in yet. I just finished watching episode 1 and was blown away. I have never been any type of horror fan besides maybe a few greats but this looks to me to have some potential.

https://comicsheatingup.net/2016/05/22/first-episode-of-outcast-online/#more-14827
  • Posted: May 22, 2016 3:23:09 pm
  • Yessss!!! I watched it and I am stoked for the series. A bit of genius launching the first episode online. Get everyone excited even if they don't have Cinemax. I think there is still room for them do more with the show that they wouldn't be able to do on network TV.
  • Posted: May 22, 2016 7:11:40 pm
  • fsjeter said:
    Yessss!!! I watched it and I am stoked for the series. A bit of genius launching the first episode online. Get everyone excited even if they don't have Cinemax. I think there is still room for them do more with the show that they wouldn't be able to do on network TV.

I had the same thoughts as you on releasing the first episode like they did. I am sure there will be a small group of people who subscribe to Cinemax now. I will wait patiently until I can watch it some other way. I have been known to buy a whole season of a show before. The one thing I am trying to get over is when I watched the first episode, though I thought he did an incredible job acting, I couldn't stop thinking how I was watching the kid from Almost Famous play the lead. Either way I also thought the series looks great and look forward to more.
  • Posted: May 23, 2016 8:26:17 am
  • Really good 1st ep. I already have Cinemax and there are other good series' on it, also. Strike Back and Banshee were my favorites and all the ep. are On Demand. Both worth checking out if you haven't already seen them.
  • Posted: May 28, 2016 1:47:08 pm
  • I just don't feel like enough has happened in the book for it to make a show yet. The books is a very slow burn
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Beware the Planet of the Apes Issue # 4
  • Marvel Comics's Black Widow and Hawkeye Issue # 2b
  • Hero Tomorrow Comics's Punchline and the Vaude-Villains Issue # 1-2nd print
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4tyndall-f