feature requests

A Historic DC Team Up (Comic Book Forums)

• A Historic DC Team Up

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 31, 2016 2:31:21 am
  • No, this is not another post on the Superman v Batman film. Instead I'd like to focus for a moment on the far better DC team up this week: Supergirl v the Flash! Yes, that's right. Barry Allen meet Kara Danvers. Way cooler than that big screen smash up. The acting was much better, the writing even more so, and there were some really cool moments in the show like when Barry, Kara, Jimmy Olson and Win show up in Cat Grant's office, when Barry lets Kara beat him to the warehouse, and when they have, naturally, a race. Plenty of fun and didn't have to line up or anything. The other cool thing is that while DC is the parent company for both characters the shows air on different and competing networks. I cannot think of another example of one network allowing their character to appear on a rival's show like that. Supergirl does have its issues but overall its my sleeper hit of the year. A solid show with some real substance to it, along with the Red Tornado, Martian Manhunter, and of course the Legion of Super Heroes flight ring. Very Happy

Last edited March 31, 2016 2:54:43 am
    Tenzil
  • Posted: March 31, 2016 9:21:56 am
  • It was a fun episode that's for sure.
    I've been watching Supergirl from the start, it's a bit corny, but overall it's fun and entertaining.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: April 2, 2016 1:50:18 pm
  • Tenzil said:
    I cannot think of another example of one network allowing their character to appear on a rival's show like that.

I wouldn't call it a rival because it is produced by the same company and their airing don't conflict. The mistake they made was showing the Supergirl ep. on Monday. The Flash ep. the next evening was suppose to air first because it explains why he was traveling through the multiverse.

There is one TV character that crossed both production companies and networks. The character "John Munch" played by Richard Belzer on "Homocide"; a show on NBC appeared in 10 different shows on 5 different networks.
  • Posted: April 3, 2016 3:00:01 am
  • Thanks for the information on John Munch, Mr. Han! That's good to know. Very Happy
    Tenzil
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Tiny Tot Pub.'s Carpet Crawler Comics Issue nn
  • Marvel Comics's Gambit Issue # 9
  • Iron Circus Comics's Lackadaisy Soft Cover # 1
  • PS Artbooks's PS Artbooks: Green Lama Facsimile Edition Issue # 3