feature requests

Supergirl Thoughts? (Comic Book Forums)

• Supergirl - Thoughts?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 27, 2015 9:04:26 am
  • So did any of you guys catch last night's Supergirl premier? Any thoughts? I've always been a big Superman/Supergirl fan but this show just wasn't up to the hype I had hoped for. The special effects (like her flying for example) were poorly done. It felt like I was watching something filmed in the 90s. Heck even Smallville had better effects. And I still would have liked someone else cast into the role. A younger Kara maybe... to tie in more with the comic books. It had some good moments, like in the beginning with her origin story and the Superman cameo, but they were so quickly done and glazed over that the viewer didn't really have time to take it in. I don't think I'm going to be following the series. I may or may not give the 2nd episode a shot but after seeing the preview it just didn't capture my attention. What did you guys think?
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: October 27, 2015 12:08:26 pm
  • I thought it was okay. I will give it another shot. At least it didn't c*ck tease you for 10 years with Smallville waiting for Superman to appear.
  • Posted: October 27, 2015 12:45:29 pm
  • 1st episode felt a little weak in the script and characters.

I'm going to continue watching it for now.....but I have a feeling it won't make it past the 1st season.

I feel like since Arrow and now the Flash's success, DC wants to go wild on TV but I think it's too much too soon. They need to take a step back and get the characters and writing down and not rush these shows.
  • Posted: October 28, 2015 2:17:01 am
  • My complaint with DC isn't that they are trying to do too many TV shows at once but that they don't have enough cohesion between them all. Typical DC, unfortunately. Having said that, while the show was certainly not a home run it was good enough for me to give it a few more weeks to see how it goes. I did like James quite a bit.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: October 28, 2015 6:56:32 am
  • Jimmy Olsen was the best characters so far. Hopefully he is a main part of the show.
  • Posted: October 31, 2015 10:26:44 am
  • Disappointed in the premier, but will give it a couple more sessions.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: November 2, 2015 12:58:24 am
  • It was a serviceable season premiere but didn't wow me. As with everyone else, I'll give it a go for a few more episodes to see if it develops.
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
  • Posted: November 2, 2015 6:26:45 pm
  • kewilson said:
    Jimmy Olsen was the best characters so far. Hopefully he is a main part of the show.

Laughing He looks like he can go toe to toe with Superman.
  • Posted: November 3, 2015 10:08:13 am
  • Well I caught the 2nd episode last night. What did you guys think? I still find it cheesy and the 4th grade level dialogue is hard for me to take seriously. I don't know why she has to always fly with her fists clenched and pointed outward. And then scenes where she is flying and they only show her face and arms, it's like something out of 1978. I can't take another episode... lol. I'm out.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: November 3, 2015 2:16:00 pm
  • I watched the 1st episode a few months ago when it was leaked online (accidentally on purpose)...and I thought it was okay. I think they're targeting 10-16 year old girls so you have to take it for what it is.
    Anyway they must be doing something right because it's getting a pretty good rating - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/supergirl/s01/
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Black Label's John Constantine: Hellblazer - Dead In America Issue # 1 - 2nd print
  • No Publisher Listed's Riese: The Kingdom Falling - Accept the Sect Issue ashcan
  • Pronto Comics's The Narcisist Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's X-Men Issue # 32illum-c