feature requests

Best music for comic book movies (Comic Book Forums)

• Best music for comic book movies

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 12, 2015 8:09:24 pm
  • Most of my High School friends were “metal heads”. While I was into comic books and Star Wars, they were all into monster trucks and guitars. I was a small, thin-skinned kid so I would hang out with anyone who didn’t toss me around like a rag doll or punch me in the face. These guys were misfits and outcasts: not really identifiable as “jock or nerd”. We were mostly ignored by the general class politic and that suited us just fine. One day, I decide that I had enough of being roughed up, so I joined a weight lifting club and started to pump iron. The place I went to was called “Ironworks”. When my friends caught wind that I was regularly lifting at this joint, they started to goof on it; calling me “Iron Man”. I reacted in surprise to this moniker: “cool, like Tony Stark!” “No, man: like Ozzy (bat-heads not included) Osbourne.” Oh, that Iron Man. And, so my education into all things Heavy Metal music was initiated.

Imagine my delight, when years later, in the darkened theatre, watching the Downey Jr. movie for the first time, and hearing those base strings pound. I a-a-am Iro-o-on Ma-a-an! Yes! I can die now. Anyway, I got thinking of what other rock songs might apply to future Marvel movies. How about the Doors “People are Strange” for the new Dr. Strange flick? Axel Rose screeching Civil War in the next Captain America? I hope so. It’s cheesy but fun and that’s what makes Marvel MU so cool. Rock music and comic books have traditionally been a natural fit for each other since the early 60’s. I hope Marvel continues to recognize this and include appropriate songs in their movies like they did in Iron Man and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Last edited September 12, 2015 8:09:48 pm
  • Posted: September 15, 2015 8:33:51 am
  • Never really thought about it much but it makes me want to start paying attention. And I know it's an older comic movie but The Crow had a great soundtrack too that I think help set the stage for future comic films.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: September 16, 2015 1:41:27 am
  • Slightly off topic in that the film I am about to reference was not a comic book film, but still an example of a perfect and fitting soundtrack was "An American Werewolf in London". Fun movie and a brilliant soundtrack. I'm not sure which songs should go with which movies but I totally agree that a killer soundtrack can add plenty to the entire production!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: September 16, 2015 3:03:37 pm
  • Rapha1978 said:
    And I know it's an older comic movie but The Crow had a great soundtrack too that I think help set the stage for future comic films.

The Crow had a fantastic soundtrack! It fit the movie perfectly. But I bet if the comic had a soundtrack it would be different. Iggy Pop, early The Cure songs (their song on the movie soundtrack had an industrial sound), and other 80s punk bands.
  • Posted: September 17, 2015 1:32:06 am
  • Another soundtrack which isn't from a comic book movie [sorry!] but which was actually better than the movie itself was the soundtrack to Queen of the Damned . . . I actually can't really recall anything much from Superhero movie soundtracks . . . don't really take note of them. LOL

I'll have to check out the Crow's soundtrack . . . have the movie and still think its one of the best!
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Gold Key's Beep Beep, the Road Runner Issue # 22
  • Harper Alley's Lightfall TPB # 3
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 497c
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 503b