feature requests

Lucifer Morningstar (Comic Book Forums)

• Lucifer Morningstar

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 8, 2015 2:30:04 am
  • Hi All,

So I watched the pilot episode of Lucifer and quite enjoyed it. However, I must admit that I speak from a position of ignorance regarding the comic book as I've never read a single issue prevoiusly. As a comic book collector and lover of the medium, I generally jump on anything that is even remotely related to a comic book.

With Constantine cancelled, I'm hoping that this series manages to stick around.

Anyone actually read the comic? I'd love to hear what actual readers think about this.
  • Posted: September 11, 2015 2:40:47 pm
  • I saw it, too. I liked it enough to watch a few more. I've read it isn't like the comic, though. As for Constantine; he will continue on in Arrow with the same actor.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/constantine-arrow-crossover-cw-matt-ryan-1201497509/

Constantine will live on, for another episode. After weeks of speculation, the CW today confirmed that Matt Ryan will reprise his role as Constantine from the cancelled NBC drama in an episode from the upcoming fourth season of Arrow. Both DC series are produced by Warner Bros. TV, which made the guest spot possible. Ryan will guest in episode five, entitled “Haunted

Arrow star Stephen Amell has already been a big proponent of the crossover – back in May the actor publicly offered on twitter to guest star on the show if it were renewed by another network or streaming service. Bringing Constantine to Arrow proper at least saves the character, and furthers that show’s increasing comfort with comic book themes. Starting out with a much more grounded, gritty premise that eschewed super powers in favor of what amounts to ramped up special forces training, with the introduction of sister series The Flash, Arrow has increasingly embraced comic book themes. (Including the resurrection of the dead.)

Bringing an actual wizard into the mix makes for a very different show than the one that premiered in 2012. Related to this, last spring during PaleyFest, The Flash and Arrow executive producer Greg Berlanti suggested similarly increasing comic book-heavy themes for that show, teasing an adaptation of the DC Comics crossover event “Flashpoint Crisis.”

Last edited September 11, 2015 2:42:06 pm
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Catwoman Issue # 64d
  • Unicorn Comics's New Beginning Issue # 4
  • Schanes & Schanes's Strange Issue set a
  • Pizz Publications's The Diner Issue nn