feature requests

Fantastic Four Movie Rant (Comic Book Forums)

• Fantastic Four Movie Rant

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 23, 2015 7:53:47 am
  • First off, i'm a fan of fantastic four.

But, i'm not at all excited about the upcoming movie. And from what i've read, they already have the sequel planned. Isn't it odd though that they've moved the movie release date back twice, and still don't have any kind of trailer for it yet? It comes out this summer too.. I don't know.. I'm not going to watch the first one when it comes out because its probably just going to be a big origin story.
  • Posted: January 23, 2015 10:35:03 am
  • I feel the same way. I'm also a big fan of the FF. It saddens me that the movies seem to be suffering from the same lack of creative talent and direction that the Marvel comics have been for years. What made the FF great from 1960s-1990s was the imagination in the storylines and the dedication of creative teams that would stick around for a lot longer than just a few issues.

I go back and read early Lee/Ditko stories all the way to the days of Roy Thomas, John Byrne, and then later the few years that Walt Simonson gave us, and I just feel like the writers/artists really had a love for the characters. The FF use to be so much fun to read. That comic set the ground for other teams like the X-Men and the Avengers. I think it was after Jim Lee’s Heroes Reborn reboot the FF have never been the same since.

Marvel keeps tossing the series around and it’s obvious they don’t really care much for it. The first movie was exciting for me to watch and I was okay with the 2nd since it had the Silver Surfer but just a lot of things I can’t get over... like the fact that Jessica Alba was cast as Sue Richards. I don’t care if she can act. If they really wanted to get it right they’d know Sue was a natural blonde and that her look was iconic. It was sort of an insult to Jack Kirby.

This new movie, well what can I say? I don’t care much for it and I think the people they’ve cast are much, much worse than the previous films. Kate Mara as Sue? Michael B. Jordan as Johnny? How are we suppose to be believe they’re even related? I guess through adoption right? Jamie Bell as Thing? They might as well have hired Screech from Saved by the Bell. So much about this reboot has fail all over it.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: January 24, 2015 12:38:53 pm
  • Don't get me started.....just....don't get me started.....I'm not sure why Fox is wasting their time. I almost hoping it does fail, this way they will give up and sell the rights back to Marvel where they belong so we can get a proper FF movie out there and even tie it in with the MCU.
  • Posted: January 27, 2015 9:44:44 am
  • Just saw the new trailer for this here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=114354

I'm still not convinced it will be a good movie though. The intense music building up in the background and the title "From the studio that brought you X-Men: Days of Future Past" sort of makes me think they are piggy backing off that movie to try and sell this one.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: January 27, 2015 9:49:55 am
  • Honestly, It was better than what I thought it was going to be......at LEAST they are going into space. I heard they weren't originally and getting their powers some other way. Which may still be the case, but at least they SEEM to be actual astronauts in the movie.

I just hate it when they deviate from the original story. If you want to do that, call it something other than FF. Don't make a movie named the same as a famous book or story and change 99% of it and still think it's talking about the same characters.
  • Posted: January 27, 2015 10:46:14 am
  • We've got another thread going here if you're interested...

http://comicbookrealm.com/topic/22/22859

Like I said in the other thread I'm not a fan of making changes just for the sake of changing.
    What Stan and Jack did was just fine, why change it?
    Also, at least they finally figured out you have to CGI the Thing!

Last edited January 27, 2015 10:47:11 am
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: January 28, 2015 12:46:40 am
  • kewilson said:
    Honestly, It was better than what I thought it was going to be......at LEAST they are going into space. I heard they weren't originally and getting their powers some other way. Which may still be the case, but at least they SEEM to be actual astronauts in the movie.

I just hate it when they deviate from the original story. If you want to do that, call it something other than FF. Don't make a movie named the same as a famous book or story and change 99% of it and still think it's talking about the same characters.
    Not sure but I didn't see any space shots - just people in suits that are being labelled "containment" suits by the studio. Will they go into space?
  • Posted: January 28, 2015 10:31:52 am
  • True.....I guess I shouldn't assume. If you listen to the commentary by the director on yahoo! he alludes to the fact they go into space.....but doesn't outright say it.
  • Posted: April 25, 2015 11:01:10 am
  • I loved the FF Movies wish they would make more of them.
35 posts • Page 1 of 4
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Valiant Entertainment's Bloodshot Unleashed - Reloaded Issue # 2
  • Kodansha Comics's Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest Soft Cover # 15
  • Viz Media's Steel of the Celestial Shadows Soft Cover # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Venom: Dark Origin Issue # 1b