feature requests

Iron Man 3 (Comic Book Forums)

• Iron Man 3

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 13, 2013 11:53:45 am
  • Anyone seen Iron Man 3 yet? My wife and I are going to see it this weekend. It looks pretty good from all the promo footage I've seen so far.

• Posted: May 13, 2013 12:42:24 pm
  • It wasn't bad. The shift in tone from the first two was jarring. I broke down and read some reviews before I went and I see a lot of the criticisms, but I think the fan outcry over a few plot points was overblown.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: May 13, 2013 1:57:55 pm
  • I liked it a bit, one thing in the middle and one thing at the end I had no clue why he didn't do it or did it. Same with the mandrin, I could see comic fans being about it, but I don't think the way he was in comics would work so well in live Iron Man movies. it would take away on the realism
  • Posted: May 13, 2013 3:05:43 pm
  • My wife and I saw it this weekend and while I was not a big fan of the way they did the Mandarin I agree with Echo that it would be hard to truly translate his role to a live movie. But who knows, maybe they will change some stuff around and retcon in some changes to his character (trying to get point across sans spoliers...).

One thing that we did enjoy about the movie was that the main villain was not just another guy in a suit like Iron Monger and Whiplash (who was 1/2 Crimson Dynamo). Plus the fact that it got Tony back to his genius/inventive roots and let him outsmart bad guys as opposed to always just pulling out a bigger blaster. All in all a pretty good movie, more on par with IM2 than IM1 in my opinion but it did not crater the trilogy like Spider-Man 3 or X-Men 3 seemed to do.
    Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on: we set up your computers, we deliver your email, we connect your calls, we backup your files, we guard your networks while you sleep. Do not %@&# with us. - paraphrased from Fight Club

• Posted: May 13, 2013 3:20:12 pm
  • ***Spoilers****

I didn't get why he destroyed all his suits at the end of the movie. It's not like anyone stole his ideals or they were compromised or anything. Also I think earlier in the movie he mentions being worried about aliens coming back or so then why destroy the best defensive you have?
    Also I don't get why he put all the time and effort into fixing the suit in the middle and powering it up when it wasn't even a fighting suit or one even fully tested and equipped when all he had to do was use a phone or computer to call one of the dozens of others he had.
  • Posted: May 13, 2013 3:24:11 pm
  • ***YAR! PAST THIS POINT THERE BE SPOILERS! BE WARNED!***

He destroyed the suits to keep Pepper happy. They will be back in Avengers 2. Also because he, Tony Stark, is Iron Man. He can rebuild them any time he wants.

The Mark 42 was comic relief. RDJ supposibly didn't want to be canned up the whole movie, so that was a semi-clever way to make that happen while still have a suit on screen.

Last edited May 13, 2013 3:25:49 pm
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: May 13, 2013 6:26:46 pm
  • Spoilers

I actually really enjoyed the movie. My absolute favorite joke ever in many years is now "I loved you in a Christmas story"... that was completely unexpected.
  • Posted: May 13, 2013 9:03:06 pm
  • I really liked the movie. As was said before it was not soiled like they did with the Spider- Man 3. I really liked the part when Tony called in for back up!
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: May 14, 2013 10:20:44 am
  • Spoiler

As for why he did not just call the other suits earlier, they were still clearing wreckage at the house and he had to wait until the armory was uncovered and his suits could get out. Although, I guess he could have had the suits helping clean the mess...

Oh well, movie logic is fun.
    Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on: we set up your computers, we deliver your email, we connect your calls, we backup your files, we guard your networks while you sleep. Do not %@&# with us. - paraphrased from Fight Club

• Posted: May 14, 2013 12:37:18 pm
  • Psuedo-Spoilers?

I liked it but I thought the whole PTSD thing from the Avengers was a little forced. He swung way too easily back and forth between glib, Tony to panic attack Tony. Also, I've always complained that there's absolutely no chemistry between Pepper and Tony in the movies. They seem more like brother and sister than a couple. Other than those two grumps, I really did like the action sequences, and I thought that Killian and the Mandarin were rad.
26 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable Issue # 2
  • Skybound's Duke Issue # 4
  • Antarctic Press's Jungle Comics Issue # 26
  • DSTLRY Media's Somna: A Bedtime Story Issue ashcan