feature requests

The Avengers movie (Comic Book Forums)

• The Avengers movie

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 23, 2010 2:36:21 pm
  • Does anybody have any clue what this movie is all about? I hope it fits in the Kree-Skrull war. Anybody else have any hopes?
    I need DEADPOOL (current series) issues #3 through #9. I also will buy or trade for old pre-code horror comics in any condition.
  • Posted: September 23, 2010 4:52:50 pm
  • well, probably not going to cover kree-skrull war.

things of note:
    - it will be an origin story, how they are brought together.
    - black widow will be only female avenger. will be other female characters but only 1 actual avenger.
    - will use aspects from various avengers histories (classic, modern, ultimates, etc).
    - this is the marvel movie-verse. not the comic universe. expect some differences, good and bad.
  • Posted: September 23, 2010 6:57:42 pm
  • I am expecting it to be butchered but hoping for the best. Howard Stern recently said something about being approached to be Ant-man for an upcoming movie, I wonder if Ant-man will appear.
    I need DEADPOOL (current series) issues #3 through #9. I also will buy or trade for old pre-code horror comics in any condition.
  • Posted: September 23, 2010 7:58:25 pm
  • Yeah, it probably will be about the Avengers coming together and working as a team. Hopefully not too much origin stories, otherwise they may rush the movie by putting in too much and not using the stuff they put in the movie correctly(Spider-Man 3) If this happens it will suck.
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: September 25, 2010 9:24:38 am
  • I agree, too much origin makes for all the action to find its way in the last 3 minutes of the film. I do believe that there needs to be background for all those non-readers, but too much = dead in box office.
    Comycgyrl Collectibles
    One Stop Shop for Collectibles and Comics.
    http://comycgyrl.ecrater.com
  • Posted: September 25, 2010 5:07:33 pm
  • I just bought the tpb for issues i think 69 to 98, those were good issues!!! Vision is my favorite!!
  • Posted: October 2, 2010 12:41:40 pm
  • comixxx83 said:
    I am expecting it to be butchered but hoping for the best. Howard Stern recently said something about being approached to be Ant-man for an upcoming movie, I wonder if Ant-man will appear.
    ShockedShockedShocked
    Shame on youShame on youShame on youShame on youShame on you

The ONLY comic character he would have been good for is Scarecrow in Batman. How the woulf that goofy looking guy play Ant Man?
    CLASSIC SIGNED COMICS ON EBAY! http://bit.ly/vCaTGQ
  • Posted: October 2, 2010 1:02:43 pm
  • wildwonder said:
    comixxx83 said:
    I am expecting it to be butchered but hoping for the best. Howard Stern recently said something about being approached to be Ant-man for an upcoming movie, I wonder if Ant-man will appear.
    ShockedShockedShockedShame on youShame on youShame on youShame on youShame on youThe ONLY comic character he would have been good for is Scarecrow in Batman. How the woulf that goofy looking guy play Ant Man?

NOOOO!!!!Pray I'd like Ant-man to appear as well, but PLEASE, no Howard Stern!!!
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...
    The Avengers (Vol. 1) #58
    Silver Surfer (Vol. 1) #2
    Crisis on Infinite Earths DC/Wal-Mart 100-pg Giant

Submitted/Back from CGC...
    ?

• Posted: October 2, 2010 4:50:26 pm
  • wildwonder said:
    comixxx83 said:
    ShockedShockedShocked
    Shame on youShame on youShame on youShame on youShame on you

The ONLY comic character he would have been good for is Scarecrow in Batman. How the woulf that goofy looking guy play Ant Man?

Howard Stern would make a better Plastic Man, or better yet Elongated Man!

Last edited October 2, 2010 4:50:58 pm
    Don of the D.E.DImage
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman: Off-World Issue # 4b
  • Marvel Comics's Fall of the House of X Issue # 4illum-b
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Boy Issue # 6c
  • DC Comics's Titans Issue # 10