feature requests

Edward Norton won't play Bruce Banner in Avengers movie (Comic Book Forums)

• Edward Norton won't play Bruce Banner in Avengers movie

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 12, 2010 4:40:17 pm
  • That is too bad, The Incredible Hulk was a far superior film to the Hulk. Mostly because of Norton. Hope they don't mess it up too bad.
  • Posted: July 13, 2010 2:14:28 am
  • I would have loved to see Edward Norton in this role but I also think they will have some financial issues. Getting so many top actors would cost a fortune.

Can't wait to see this movie though. I really hope they pull it of.
    Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: July 13, 2010 7:50:27 am
  • Look...I am sorry, but when they "launch" or "re-launch" a franchise they need to lock in a franchise player. Sort of like what they did with the American Pie cast.

If an A-lister won't do it, then find a B-lister. Someone somewhere would be willing to be the next Hulk for 5 movies.

It just makes the whole thing look stupid when put together. Of course they could just leave banner out of the Avengers altogether and just have the Hulk.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: July 16, 2010 4:26:56 pm
  • I agree totally. The Hulk could possibly be my favorite super hero of all time (on good days it's Sups). Norton did a great job and the effects were great but if they are going to do an Avengers movie that is somewhat true to the original story. Then it should be all Hulk all the time. Feel better now, tired, rest.
  • Posted: July 19, 2010 2:50:39 pm
  • ah.. I wonder who will now. Edward Norton was great in the incredible hulk, and practically every movie ive seen him in.
  • Posted: July 19, 2010 3:21:20 pm
  • Last i heard the role was being offerd to Mark Ruffalo. He was pretty good in Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
  • Posted: July 19, 2010 3:23:20 pm
  • ...another UK person made it onto the site. I thought I had closed all of these loopholes... Wink
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: July 20, 2010 7:42:56 am
  • S7ORMRIDER said:
    Last i heard the role was being offerd to Mark Ruffalo. He was pretty good in Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
    Eh I'd still rather have Ed Norton. Hes one of my favorite actors Sad
  • Posted: July 26, 2010 10:59:01 pm
  • Some actors are jus spoiled and think that we care about how they see things. We just want them to not make our favorite hero or heroine crapped out on screen. Ed Norton's "creative differences" was just him hurt because the director or producer didnt want to do what he wanted. Incredible Hulk was a great way to brink hulk to screen and do it justly. Now because of an actors stupidity, we have to reimagine a new Bruce Banner. I hope they leave the hulk alone at least.
    “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”

---EINSTEIN
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Alan Scott: The Green Lantern Issue # 5d
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Comics Presents Issue # 167
  • Image Comics's Monstress Issue # 50c
  • Pronto Comics's The Narcisist Issue # 1