feature requests

Andrew Garfield (a Brit) picked as the new Spider Man (Comic Book Forums)

• Andrew Garfield (a Brit) picked as the new Spider-Man

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 1, 2010 9:51:28 pm
  • We have a new friendly neighborhood Spider-Man — and he’s British. Columbia Pictures confirms that Andrew Garfield, 26, has nabbed the highly sought-after role of Peter Parker after a worldwide search.

See article here: http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/07/01/andrew-garfield-cast-as-the-new-spider-man

And the heat is on -- everyone start pitching Mary Jane actress ideas. Dancing

I thought Spidey was a dead franchise when they announced that wouldn't be made. It'll be interesting to see if they continue the story from SM3 or go off in a totally different direction.
    CLASSIC SIGNED COMICS ON EBAY! http://bit.ly/vCaTGQ
  • Posted: July 2, 2010 12:17:23 am
  • Oh man right here ! Christina Hendricks as Mary Jane Watson! She is beautiful, a great actress and just one of her "ladies" are bigger than my head!
    “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”

---EINSTEIN
  • Posted: July 2, 2010 3:34:20 am
  • tracerusaf said:
    Oh man right here ! Christina Hendricks as Mary Jane Watson! She is beautiful, a great actress and just one of her "ladies" are bigger than my head!

I love her and I've even met her (BTW she is even HOTTER in person), but she is much too old for the role, or at least she looks it on screen. I suspect they will end up choosing an unknown like the guy playing Parker.

But she had better be freaking hot -- and it better NOT be Megan Fox in a red wig!!! Shame on you I'm hoping the nuclear bomb that was Jonah Hex put the final nail in her coffin.

Last edited July 2, 2010 3:34:44 am
  • Posted: July 2, 2010 10:38:04 am
  • I wish they would leave high school spider-man alone and give us the adult one. That is wise cracking and pretty sure of himself. I dont think i can stomach another wussy spiderman.
    “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”

---EINSTEIN
  • Posted: July 2, 2010 10:46:06 am
  • tracerusaf said:
    I wish they would leave high school spider-man alone and give us the adult one. That is wise cracking and pretty sure of himself. I dont think i can stomach another wussy spiderman.

Oh, he'll be wussy. Neutral
  • Posted: July 2, 2010 6:11:36 pm
  • Let MJ go away, I want the Black Cat as Spidey's love interest. We need the Spider-man from the 80's on screen that should be the way to go. In fact, if I were them I would run far away from the shadow of Spider-man 3 (yuck!)

Also the Lizard or Kraven should be the villain, even though I would love to see the Vulture.
  • Posted: July 2, 2010 10:01:53 pm
  • durer73 said:
    Let MJ go away, I want the Black Cat as Spidey's love interest.

Have both. MJ gets jealous and we have a catfight. Very Happy

durer73 said:
    In fact, if I were them I would run far away from the shadow of Spider-man 3 (yuck!)

Hey, SM3 is my favorite one. Not for the cheesy soap opera (hated that in all three), but for the action scenes. Great stuff. Very well directed. Much better than the first two.

But I'm still irked that they made Venom such a nerd. He should have been an absolute monster like in the books. Confused

durer73 said:
    Also the Lizard or Kraven should be the villain, even though I would love to see the Vulture.

Lizard, maybe. Vulture as long as he isn't an old man. Always thought that was ridiculous. Mysterio would be cool (without the space helmet). So would Electro. Lightning effects would look great.

Never been a Kraven fan. And the idea of a big game hunter after him in a live action film seems pretty lame.

Last edited July 2, 2010 10:04:34 pm
  • Posted: July 6, 2010 8:00:22 pm
  • Kingpin would be great but who would we get to play him. That would be the question. Also, I will have to give S3 another look for you wildwonder.
  • Posted: July 6, 2010 9:50:08 pm
  • arbogasts said:
    how about Kingpin? he can hire thugs that become the sinister 6 for the sequel

They already did Kingpin in Daredevil, he was played by Michael Clark Duncan.
    klaus_komix

Currently Collecting:
    Amazing Spider-Man, Batman And Robin, Batman, Dark Avengers, Deadpool, Detective Comics, Gotham City Sirens, Invincible Iron Man, New Avengers, The Outsiders, Punisher, Red Robin, Ultimate Avengers, Ultimate Spider-Man, Batgirl, Batman: Streets Of Gotham, Uncanny X-Men
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Fall of the House of X Issue # 4f
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate Black Panther Issue # 3d
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4acme-c
  • Kodansha Comics's Witch Hat Atelier: Kitchen Soft Cover # 3