Grade 10? (Comic Book Forums)

• Grade 10?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 2, 2024 5:11:03 pm
  • I've read that print subscription comics that are not opened once received can be considered a 10 -- if not damaged in the mail. Is this true? I'd like to know how to list my comics that I got this way. Thanks for any help.

Last edited May 2, 2024 5:11:35 pm
  • Posted: May 4, 2024 9:29:12 pm
  • that is not exactly true, yes opening can damage the book, but not always, a book can be opened carefully and not break the binding color... Its the total amount of damage or lack of that will get you a 10, but a 10 or a 9.9 is incredibly rare nonetheless... if you are thinking about sending books in to get graded, and you are choosing based on grade, only send in books that have absolutely no damage in any way... those would have a higher chance of landing a 10... but again, a 10 is like winning the lotto, Very rare...

and if you are receiving them via a mail subscription, it is even less likely to land a 10... depending on how they send them...if they are packaged properly you could, but im picturing the book in a bag which wont make it to you in NM condition let alone a 10.

Last edited May 4, 2024 9:33:21 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    New Additions:
    Uncanny X-Men #221 - CGC 9.4 Signed by Claremont
    Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8 - CGC 8.5 Custom Label
    Spider-Gwen #25 2nd Print - CGC 9.8
    Peter Porker, the Spectacular Spider-Ham #1 - CGC 9.2 1st Ducktor Doom

Son of Satan #1
    Fantastic Four #211 (1st Terrax)
    Transformers: Generation 2 #1 Newsstand Edition
    Carnage: Mind Bomb #1
    Venom: The Enemy Within #1 Newsstand Edition
    Felicia Hardy: Black Cat #1 Newsstand Edition

• Posted: May 6, 2024 5:04:59 pm
  • Are you talking about sending it in for grading to CGC or CBCS? Because I guarantee that the grading companies don't consider unopened comics to be 10's. Grades of 9.9 or 10.0 are incredibly rare, as AmZoMBiE said. As an example, I just looked up the census for New Mutants 98 because I figured there is a large census for that book. There are 29,121 CGC graded copies of that book. Of these 29,121 copies, thirteen got a 9.9 and one got a 10.0. Conversely, there are 5,009 copies at 9.8, which is the realistic top grade.
    Did I err?
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 73 years, 115 days, 8 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel UK's Conan Pocket Book Issue # 1
  • Inferno Studios's Lil Na’ & SoSo TPB # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Punisher TPB # 1
  • IDW Publishing's Star Trek: Defiant Issue # 15ri