feature requests

Please help grad another ASM#316. Thanks. (Comic Book Forums)

• Please help grad another ASM#316. Thanks.

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 3, 2022 5:36:20 am
  • Got 8.5 (maybe lower?) on this one. Need 2nd opinion here. Thanks.
    Not sure where to put the tear on the lower staple on the grading tool.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited February 3, 2022 5:39:07 am
  • Posted: February 23, 2022 1:27:56 pm
  • You say there's a tear on this? Where is it? I didn't see one... Without a tear on here, I'd say it's higher than an 8.5 (assuming you're going to press it).

Last edited February 23, 2022 1:28:16 pm
  • Posted: February 24, 2022 2:49:54 pm
  • FrogBrawler said:
    You say there's a tear on this? Where is it? I didn't see one... Without a tear on here, I'd say it's higher than an 8.5 (assuming you're going to press it).

Thanks for your advice.
    The tear (color break crease(?) white stripe, pic #2) is at the lower side of the lower staple. Click on the picture to see it in fullsize.
    Not sure how to insert picture here at the time i did this. So i used imgbox to upload those pic.

Last edited February 24, 2022 3:19:25 pm
  • Posted: February 24, 2022 2:59:12 pm
  • Canuck said:
    Have you tried the grading tool here? -
    https://comicbookrealm.com/example-based-grading

Yes, i did use that. Not sure which defect category to put the tear/wear in the tool. Staple wear? large creases and/or smal tears? I think i picked the buckled spine, Color breaking creases. That was why i ended up at 8.5.

Last edited February 24, 2022 3:11:55 pm
  • Posted: February 24, 2022 4:10:33 pm
  • 8.0-8.5, but this can be pressed into 8.5-9.0 i think, you have alot of wrinkles that just need a pressing, your biggest issue is the staple tears and blunted corner...

Last edited February 24, 2022 4:12:21 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: February 24, 2022 4:24:39 pm
  • Thanks. Were really surprise when i saw all those defects. Those books were bought new, bagged and boarded since day 1 and were in the box for more than 20 years. How did they got there is beyond my knowledge. lol.

Last edited February 24, 2022 4:29:46 pm
  • Posted: February 24, 2022 5:01:37 pm
  • the staple tearing could be due to over stuffing a box
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: March 1, 2022 12:48:57 am
  • tng said:
    Thanks. Were really surprise when i saw all those defects. Those books were bought new, bagged and boarded since day 1 and were in the box for more than 20 years. How did they got there is beyond my knowledge. lol.

There's no way this was bagged and boarded since Day 1. Clearly a copy that was read and handled. F/VF in my opinion.
  • Posted: March 1, 2022 9:04:31 am
  • stormraider said:
    tng said:
    Thanks. Were really surprise when i saw all those defects. Those books were bought new, bagged and boarded since day 1 and were in the box for more than 20 years. How did they got there is beyond my knowledge. lol.

There's no way this was bagged and boarded since Day 1. Clearly a copy that was read and handled. F/VF in my opinion.

At least not by me. I have my own reading copy. Out of the 3 extras i have, only 1 seems to does not have any visible defect. I have another copy listed here for grading advices, and there are quite a few defect on that ones too.
    How did they occurred, i have no idea because i always bagged and boarded all my books (extra ones) after i bought them the shop. And reading copy after finished reading Smile.

Last edited March 1, 2022 9:07:51 am
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Walking Carnival's Johnny Grav & The Visioneer Issue # 1
  • Todd McFarlane Productions's King Spawn Issue # 32
  • Image Comics's Monstress Issue # 50d
  • Oni Press's Rick and Morty: Heart of Rickness TPB # 1