feature requests

Please! Advice this... (Comic Book Forums)

• Please! Advice this...

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 17, 2022 5:57:00 am
  • I just found this out when i renewed my bag on those books (have 3 copies and all 3 has the same fault). Never noticed this before until now, since they were bought and bagged right away.
    Look like a production fault, but how will it affect the grade of the books.
    Thanks.

Image Image

Last edited January 17, 2022 6:04:28 am
  • Posted: January 17, 2022 11:47:32 am
  • I have owned three copies of Amazing Spider-Man #361 and all 3 had the exact same little cuts at the bottom. I have seen other copies at shows and the like with the same thing as well.
  • Posted: January 17, 2022 11:52:08 am
  • brucifer said:
    I have owned three copies of Amazing Spider-Man #361 and all 3 had the exact same little cuts at the bottom. I have seen other copies at shows and the like with the same thing as well.

Have you ever got them graded? And did it lower the grade?
    Thanks.
  • Posted: January 17, 2022 12:00:17 pm
  • I never got any of them graded because of that defect
  • Posted: January 17, 2022 1:00:07 pm
  • These are prevalent on most copies of this book, and yes they detract from the grade...there are copies out there that dont have it tho...i got mine graded and it came back a 9.4

Last edited January 17, 2022 1:00:59 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: January 17, 2022 1:07:47 pm
  • AmZoMBiE said:
    These are prevalent on most copies of this book, and yes they detract from the grade...there are copies out there that dont have it tho...i got mine graded and it came back a 9.4

Do yours have those defects?
    Thanks.
  • Posted: January 17, 2022 1:15:55 pm
  • yup, same spot, the only difference between mine and yours is i dont have the little tear on the cover, but the interior is the same, your would prob grade 9.0-9.2 range (assuming everything else is perfect)

Last edited January 17, 2022 1:20:16 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: January 17, 2022 1:20:10 pm
  • Thanks, That s great news. I were afraid it went down the toilet with those defects. Smile
  • Posted: January 17, 2022 1:20:48 pm
  • nope... you can have it pressed also to help, that will fix some of the inside issues, not the tears tho...

definitely dont be afraid to grade key books like that, defect or not...

Last edited January 17, 2022 1:22:06 pm
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Rebellion's 2000 AD: Christmas Mega Special Issue # 2362
  • AC's Mechanical Dead Issue # 4
  • Tidal Wave Productions's Milestones of Art: Andy Warhol - The Factory Hard Cover # 1
  • PS Artbooks's PS Artbooks Softee: Strange Suspense Stories TPB # 8