feature requests

Amazing Spider Man 607 (Campbell cover) (Comic Book Forums)

• Amazing Spider-Man 607 (Campbell cover)

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 11, 2019 2:35:05 am
  • I would guess maybe a 9.0, possibly even 9.2. Beautiful cover in any case!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: September 11, 2019 4:44:21 am
  • Lovely condition, I reckon a 9.0 too. Also, i now need a little lie down... 😝
  • Posted: September 11, 2019 6:16:56 pm
  • Its funny because right around when these started getting hot, i picked up 606 & 607 for a buck a piece...Love these two, only wish they were the newsstand editions lol...

Nice Find!!

Oh and fyi...i had a small tick that broke the color on my Hulk #1 Newsstand Edition...came back a 9.6...so either i got a grader who was super happy or your book is possibly a bit higher then a 9.2...Very HappyVery Happy

Last edited September 11, 2019 6:28:13 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: September 11, 2019 10:17:48 pm
  • It’s all a bit subjective isn’t it!
  • Posted: September 11, 2019 11:47:03 pm
  • smegg said:
    It’s all a bit subjective isn’t it!

Yes it is. From these Grade my comic threads, either people are grading too leniently, or I'm just grading my comics to hard.

From looking at the pictures, I would agree with Kree_Boy that it looks to be around 8.0 - 8.5. Great grab for only a couple of bucks.

• Posted: September 12, 2019 2:18:10 am
  • @Vengeance and Kree_Boy:
    I hope you don't mind if I ask what it is specifically that is causing you to grade this book so low? I can only see the one minor spinal crease that does not break color. What am I missing? I'd genuinely like to know as this will help me with my grading in the future. Thanks!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: September 12, 2019 2:24:29 am
  • Most likely because one of the ticks does break colour.
  • Posted: September 12, 2019 3:16:43 pm
  • Tenzil said:
    @Vengeance and Kree_Boy:
    I hope you don't mind if I ask what it is specifically that is causing you to grade this book so low? I can only see the one minor spinal crease that does not break color. What am I missing? I'd genuinely like to know as this will help me with my grading in the future. Thanks!

As @smegg said, it's mainly due to the obvious large spine tick that breaks color. But when I magnify the picture as large as possible, it looks like there are quite a few spine ticks on this comic. It's difficult to tell from the picture. Like I said, I tend to grade my own comics harder than most people on CBR.
  • Posted: September 12, 2019 6:01:17 pm
  • i still strongly disagree on the 8.0-8.5...i graded daredevil 131 and 168....both were (IMO) severely damaged, but i wanted to case them to save them... Both came back at 8.0, but ill tell you, comparing that book to mine, you are in the 9.2-9.6 range...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
20 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Deadpool Issue # 43b
  • Skybound's Duke Issue # 4
  • Titan Comics's Forgotten Runes: Wizard's Cult Issue # 3
  • Image Comics's Nights Issue # 6