feature requests

Fantastic Four #112 (Comic Book Forums)

• Fantastic Four #112

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 18, 2019 1:53:05 pm
  • This is one of my favorite covers ever, a classic Hulk vs. Thing battle, and have wanted this book in my collection for some time now. I finally found one that I think is in decent shape and wouldn't break my bank. When I got it home I looked it over and instantly noticed the date stamp in the title! I couldn't believe that I missed it when purchasing it, I felt like an idiot lol. BUT, I am still very happy to have it and the stamp doesn't lessen the sentimental value it holds. I have heard that date stamps don't necessarily degrade books in some cases also. Interested in what the community would grade it. Thank you Smile

nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: July 18, 2019 10:32:54 pm
  • Really great pick up! Classic cover, and battle. I saw that auction and was interested in it then too. Ah, the dreaded date stamp! It isn't as bad as you think, but when it is on one of your own books, it does seem to be hyper magnified.
    Just on what I can see, I would give it a solid 7.0.
    You got a nice book there friend.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: July 24, 2019 2:35:07 am
  • Great book to have!! I too would give it a solid 7.0 and really, while it may be annoying, the date stamp does not change your grade one iota.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: July 24, 2019 7:02:52 am
  • Thanks for replying guys, I appreciate it!

Last edited July 24, 2019 12:41:42 pm
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: July 29, 2019 12:10:40 am
  • I would think if sent in for certification your book would get a solid 7.0! Maybe an outside chance at a 7.5! Tough to get this book with its mostly black cover above a 6.0! Nice addition to your collection!

On a side note I love date stamps on Silver and Bronze books! If not too big and not smeared over a main characters face it adds to the history as far as I'm concerned! If I had your book and another FF #112 in the same condition without the date stamp and had to choose one, I would take yours ever time!
  • Posted: July 29, 2019 8:43:45 pm
  • I concur with everyone else and say it’s a solid 7.0 and that the date stamp has no effect on grade and condition. A wonderful book to have in your collection. Congrats!
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Massive Publishing's Crashdown Issue # 2i
  • Ab3 12c Ent.'s The Smyths Issue # 1
  • 3dtotalPublishing's Wayfinder: The Art of Gretel Lusky Hard Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's X-men '97 Issue # 1b