feature requests

Eternals #3 First Sersi (Comic Book Forums)

• Eternals #3 First Sersi

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 15, 2019 6:47:44 pm
  • Hello all!
    This is for Eternals vol 1 #3. First appearance of Sersi. I have a pretty good idea where I think the grade should be, but I wanted other opinions just to see where I stand.

The main issue I have is on the lower right of the back cover. When I first got the book at first glance I thought there was some foxing. A closer look tells me the staining/soiling is residue from a removed sticker. It is surface only and does not bleed through but I wouldn’t even try to take it off. It’s on there really good!

There is also a small rip (about a half of an inch) on the cover a little less than halfway up the right side..Pages are a nice white/off white and there are no “hidden flaws”, basically what you see is what you get. So, what do you think the grade is?

Front Cover:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/38653499@N03/33740580788/in/dateposted-public/

Back cover:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/38653499@N03/47565025422/in/dateposted-public/

Last edited April 15, 2019 7:20:22 pm
  • Posted: April 16, 2019 1:48:19 am
  • Great book to have - color me green with envy! Mostly this is a really nice looking copy and all the flaws but one do not cause too many concerns. Without considering the stains on the back cover I would give it a solid 9.0, or at the very worst an 8.5. Unfortunately the stains on the back cover are there and as near as I can tell they would bring the grade down to 4.0 or possibly 4.5 if the grader was feeling generous.
    I hope others can give you better news!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: April 20, 2019 4:00:51 pm
  • Oh, I have no delusions of grandeur that this is a high grade book. I was giving it about a 5.0...only because the high gloss and tight spine. Thanks for the feedback!
  • Posted: April 30, 2019 1:18:44 am
  • Nice looking book, I'm with Tenzil on this one 8.5 maybe 9.0 I see a couple nicks on the left corners. bottom right corner looks rounded and that looks to be about a 3/4 of an inch tear which would sadly knock it down to a 4.0 maybe 5.0 according to the grading tool. as far as that sticker glue you could try and clean it with a good white eraser, you need a nice clean area, gloves. Make sure you hold the book firm (no sliding around) as not to tear or wrinkle it and take it slow and gently rub if you see some of the glue start to ball up work it towards the bottom edge and be sure to clean your eraser often. WARNING only try this on white surfaces.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Ben and Don Chin's Overload Issue # 5
  • Ablaze Media's The Agent Issue # 5
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 454b
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 481b