feature requests

Please Grade My Conan #1 (Comic Book Forums)

• Please Grade My Conan #1

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 4, 2019 11:04:14 pm
  • Please grade my copy of Conan #1. The biggest problem is a 3/4" tear on the upper left corner. The Right corner has a couple of color-break creases. I'm planning to get it pressed. Thank you in advance!

https://imgur.com/a/75yTvnA
  • Posted: April 4, 2019 11:27:11 pm
  • Lucky dog, you have a great book there.
    I am going to say a 5.5, edging towards a 6.0 maybe with the defects shown there. Pretty nice copy.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: April 4, 2019 11:32:00 pm
  • Nice book! I’d say it presents very well. Using the grading tool with the tear it comes in at a 4. That tear is not tiny but doesn’t look bad.

I’m no expert and I’d say it looks way nicer than a 4. Using no tool I’d have said a 5.
  • Posted: April 5, 2019 10:00:14 am
  • Yeah, I'll have to agree with the others. Just going by eye, I'd say it's a 5.0 to 5.5. That tear is the killer. Other than that, it's an extremely nice copy!
    In pursuit of what Marvel considers the entire Hulk legacy run... with a few adjustments.

Current level of completeness: 71.04%
  • Posted: April 5, 2019 12:04:15 pm
  • I'll have to agree with everyone else who posted here. A 5.0 - 6.0 would be my guess. I don't think it's worth your money to get this particular book pressed. I'm still super jealous, if that helps.
  • Posted: April 7, 2019 3:28:07 am
  • Great copy of a Marvel Key! Without the tear I would grade it between 6.5 and 7.0. Unfortunately that tear brings it down to a 4.0, even if the rest of the book was perfect. Having the book pressed will not change your grade one iota so I would not recommend it.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: April 8, 2019 11:15:07 pm
  • Thanks for all the feedback! Greatly appreciated.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman / Superman: World's Finest Issue # 26
  • Schanes & Schanes's Cerebus Six Deadly Sins Issue nn
  • Marvel Comics's Fall of the House of X Issue # 4illum-b
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 90b