feature requests

X men 23 (Comic Book Forums)

• X men 23

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 11, 2018 4:42:19 am
  • Hi all, just trying to get a handle on the condition of this lovely comic I picked up today. Running it through the grading tool nets me a firm 6.5, but feel as though a 7.0 May be closer to how this comic presents. It is complete, with off white pages. Internal pages are uncreased and flat, although there is oddly only the lower staple with no signs of upper staple (likely a printing error). Picked this up in Australia for a song, and am over the moon! i've mylared and hard cased it in one of these bad boys (https://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=4271) . Im curious to know what more seasoned graders think! Thanks for listening.
    All opinions welcome! And hi fellow lovers of all things comic! Very Happy
    Pics are here, cheers!
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/166632244@N05/hSmP07

Last edited December 11, 2018 7:16:28 am
  • Posted: December 11, 2018 3:29:48 pm
  • I would love to hear your grade and why you scored it that way. Leave a comment if you like!
    Genuine about learning more.
  • Posted: December 11, 2018 4:49:14 pm
  • Nice book man! I think you are right on with your assessment.
    I was going with a 6.5, mainly do to the color breaking spine creases and that bottom left, front corner.
    The interior is SOOO nice. I think that edges it toward a 7.0, but being conservative, I will stick with the 6.5 in my viewing.
    Click Here To See The 2Believers! Store!
  • Posted: December 11, 2018 5:36:52 pm
  • I'm with Spector on his 6.5 grading. I think you'll find a lot of comic book collectors here who would want that book in any grade, so you're a winner either way!
  • Posted: December 11, 2018 6:08:49 pm
  • Thanks for the comments! I think 6.5 is fair, and I’m really pleased with the overall cleanliness and it’s clear that someone loved this and took care of it for many years. I collect things that I like rather than speculating which seems de rigeur these days (except here!) and am over the moon to get this book to expand my x men collection!

Last edited December 11, 2018 6:12:50 pm
  • Posted: December 25, 2018 8:32:37 pm
  • Very nice looking book!
    6.5 seems fair due to the color breaks on the spine, and the little dog ears at the top and bottom.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's Dudley Datson and the Forever Machine Issue # 1b
  • Unicorn Comics's From Tolkien to Oz: The Art of Greg Hildebrandt Hard Cover nn
  • No Publisher Listed's The New Mexico Hobo Issue nn
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4easter