feature requests

The X Men #29 (Comic Book Forums)

• The X-Men #29

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 6, 2018 2:22:07 am
  • Full disclosure.
    I got this cheap, and mainly picked it up because the cover is in great shape.
    It has a non story coupon/picture clipped out, so it's basically trash in most collectors eyes...not mine.
    With that in mind...grade it on what you see.
    Off White/Tan Pages

My Little Comic Space
    Remember, Kly�Bn loves you, baby.
  • Posted: October 6, 2018 8:48:35 am
  • I really enjoy your grading posts here. And it really doesn't matter if the book has any flaws, they are all great books, and gems regardless of the condition.
    This one is such a vibrant beauty. The cover condition alone is spectacular. With the coupon clipped, I am going to give an opinion around a 3-3.5 range.
    Coupon being clipped put aside, just look at this great cover! Front and back. It really looks great. Awhile back I got a hold of an Incredible Hulk 102 for cheap, cheap. The coupon was clipped, but like you, it really doesn't matter. Still a great issue with very little money spent. A great addition to any collection.
    “I don't wear white to hide myself. I wear it so they'll see me coming. So they'll know who it is. 'Cause when they see the white, it doesn't matter how good of a target I am. Their hands shake so bad, they couldn't hit the moon.”
  • Posted: October 6, 2018 10:58:20 am
  • Totally agree about all books being gems. Smile
    It's all in the eye of the beholder.

I was leaning more 1.5 to 2.0 with the clip....since part of the book missing regardless of where it was snipped from. It's a shame, because it really is a beauty in hand.
    My Little Comic Space
    Remember, Kly�Bn loves you, baby.
  • Posted: October 7, 2018 12:08:41 pm
  • It's a gorgeous book fro being 50 years old. As is about 6.0. With a piece missing, probably 2.5.
  • Posted: October 8, 2018 1:58:08 am
  • Great pick up for you, regardless of the missing coupon! Love the cover, love the idea of the Adaptoid with all the powers of the Avengers battling the Mimic, with all the powers of the X-Men! Assuming the coupon was in place I would give this book a 5.5 to 6.0 and with the coupon out a 2.5 to 3.0. Thanks for sharing!
    Tenzil
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 48 years, 3 days, 12 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's Not Lives Soft Cover # 7
  • Marvel Comics's Shuri Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's The Life of Captain Marvel Issue # 4
  • American Mythology's Three Stooges: Monsters & Mayhem Issue # 1b