feature requests

Four Color 456 (2nd Uncle Scrooge) (Comic Book Forums)

• Four Color 456 (2nd Uncle Scrooge)

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 8, 2018 7:05:44 pm
  • Here's a good one.
    Not going to say what grade I gave it...but I want to see how close of a consensus I get. Advanced apologies for the bad page picture....I need a new phone.

My Little Comic Space
    Remember, Kly�Bn loves you, baby.
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 2:04:08 am
  • Okay, I'll give it a shot. Nice comic to have, by the way, and the pages inside have held their color and whiteness very well. To me this book grades out between 3.0 and 4.5 so I will split the difference and give it a 4.0. Hopefully I am way wrong and it is rated much higher!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 2:24:48 am
  • I was sitting at a 4.0...so we're in the same ballpark.
    Can you believe I found this at an antique/junk shop for $3.50. One of my most treasured finds. (I'm a huge Uncle Scrooge fan!)
    My Little Comic Space
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 2:32:33 pm
  • Unbelievable! You must have paid about 1% of what it is worth, even if it only grades out around where we figured! Well done!!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 9:27:04 pm
  • Nice purchase! You have some gems (at least 2 that I have seen thus far).
    I have been using my phone too, so you are not alone in the struggle haha.
    Did finally get a scanner, but it didn't include a usb cord? I finally got that today, and had issues with my laptop recognizing the scanner now. The struggle is real! lol
    Ok, back to the book at hand...I was going to say a 4.5. I leaned a little higher, because the interior pages shown look pretty clean for a book of that age.
    “I don't wear white to hide myself. I wear it so they'll see me coming. So they'll know who it is. 'Cause when they see the white, it doesn't matter how good of a target I am. Their hands shake so bad, they couldn't hit the moon.”
  • Posted: September 10, 2018 9:27:06 pm
  • Nice purchase! You have some gems (at least 2 that I have seen thus far).
    I have been using my phone too, so you are not alone in the struggle haha.
    Did finally get a scanner, but it didn't include a usb cord? I finally got that today, and had issues with my laptop recognizing the scanner now. The struggle is real! lol
    Ok, back to the book at hand...I was going to say a 4.5. I leaned a little higher, because the interior pages shown look pretty clean for a book of that age.
    “I don't wear white to hide myself. I wear it so they'll see me coming. So they'll know who it is. 'Cause when they see the white, it doesn't matter how good of a target I am. Their hands shake so bad, they couldn't hit the moon.”
  • Posted: October 2, 2018 9:18:48 am
  • Sorry just saw this.
    Thanks for the look. Very Happy
    My Little Comic Space
  • Posted: October 9, 2018 2:33:59 pm
  • Kree_Boy said:
    I was sitting at a 4.0...so we're in the same ballpark.
    Can you believe I found this at an antique/junk shop for $3.50. One of my most treasured finds. (I'm a huge Uncle Scrooge fan!)

Great buy! Every comic I find in an antique shop is a $1.00 vg or less book marked at Mint price. Sometimes a Buyer's Guide in wrong hand can be dangerous. However I did find a 60's Batman tin sign for $20 and have turned down a $150 offer for it.Dancing

I'm a huge Duck fan also. I think my knowledge of many exotic places around the world, such as the "empty quarter" and Mayan "wells of sacrifice" came from the Duck books.

The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: October 11, 2018 4:20:13 pm
  • Totally agree about the Guide in the wrong hands. A person that looks at the highest ebay prices too....lol.
    I picked this tin up not to long ago at a junk shop. It's from a 60's era target game.
    Loved the artwork on it.
    My Little Comic Space
  • Posted: October 11, 2018 10:01:30 pm
  • Wow, really digging that target game find. Sweet! Hang on to that sucker.
  • Posted: October 12, 2018 1:46:45 am
  • I have to agree with Spector, that is one beauty of a find!!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: October 14, 2018 4:49:02 pm
  • Smile
    I get lucky from time to time...lol.
    My Little Comic Space
12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 48 years, 2 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Rose Issue # 13c
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Geddon Issue # 1l
  • Marvel Comics's Unstoppable Wasp Issue # 1
  • Silver Sprocket's You Can Try Again Issue # 1