feature requests

Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #98 (Comic Book Forums)

ComicBookRealm.com's new design is here!

If you can't tell, the entire site has had a visual makeover! It is a large site and as such there might be a thing or two out of whack. If you notice any issues, please let us know about them here.

• Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #98

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 9, 2018 8:45:27 pm
  • I picked up this book at an auction a couple of days ago. Certainly has some issues. Most of the damage is on the spine, but there's a good patch of color missing from the back as well. All of which you can see in the images.

I ran it though the website tool, and that score was in line with my initial gut reaction, but I wanted to get a few more opinions. I won't say what I think it is right away, so as to not skew any opinions.

So, whaddya think? Thanks for looking!

• Posted: August 11, 2018 11:28:14 am
  • Matt73. I assume you got the book fairly cheaply. It is 70 years old, so grading might be trickier. The older the book, the nicer they get graded. For example: a random book at 8.0 from 1948 would be 6.0 for a random 2018 book.
    That being said, I would grade your book around 2.5.
  • Posted: August 11, 2018 3:08:34 pm
  • I would grade it between 2.5 and 3.0. Nice book to have, though - maybe they will make a Scrooge McDuck film some day or bring him into the MCU and it will triple in value!!

Last edited August 11, 2018 3:10:57 pm
    Tenzil
  • Posted: August 11, 2018 3:49:29 pm
  • Thanks for the feedback guys. I was pretty happy to scoop this one up for just under 5 bucks, so I think I did alright in that department. I had figured it to be a 2.0, so it looks like I’m certainly in the ballpark there. Maybe a Scrooge and Howard team up movie? One can hope!

Last edited August 11, 2018 3:52:00 pm
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 47 years, 87 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
CBR App on Android
CBR App on Android
  • Newest
  • Limehouse Books's Briony Hatch Soft Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Infinity Wars Issue # 2c
  • No Gravity Studios's Light Earth Issue # 1c
  • Viz Media's Takane & Hana Soft Cover # 4