feature requests

Batman 210 (Comic Book Forums)

ComicBookRealm.com's new design is here!

If you can't tell, the entire site has had a visual makeover! It is a large site and as such there might be a thing or two out of whack. If you notice any issues, please let us know about them here.

• Batman 210

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 7, 2018 11:43:10 am
  • How many date stamps are allowed? Some one got creative with the date stamp. the book would be a VF but I don't know how much the multiple date stamps affect the grade. I know a date stamp is ok but I have never seen three. I'm new to flickr, like just opened an account, so if there is a problem please let me know.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/166153075@N05/
  • Posted: August 7, 2018 2:38:39 pm
  • I took a peek at your lovely Batman #210. The stamps aren't a big thing (I believe). The wear around the edges is more of a problem. The back looks amazing, too bad the front wasn't as nice. 6.0-7.0 is my guess.
  • Posted: August 7, 2018 4:08:58 pm
  • Thank you. Yes, after seeing the closeup on flickr, I agree with your grading. The book's binding isn't that light in color though. I still agree that 6.5-7.0 is the grade. Would you check out the Batman Family no. 8 that I just uploaded? I graded it as a VF.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/166153075@N05/with/43008235295/
  • Posted: August 7, 2018 7:54:24 pm
  • Hi "Selena". Welcome to the forums. If I might, I would suggest that if you have two books that you would like graded you should put each in their own post, or it can be easy to miss for those who don't read the entire thread. Having said that, I am very impressed with your excellent books, and am most envious!
    I put your books through our grading tool, and from what I can see of your books I would give the Batman #210 a score of between 5.5 and 6.5, depending on a couple of factors.
    Regarding the Batman Family #8 it really depends on three things. 1. Is that a small tear on the spine half way down?, 2. Are one or more of those white spots on the cover a color lift, where the original ink has been lifted or scraped off? and 3. How bad is the bottom of the spine?
    Depending on those answers the book rates between a 6.0 and 8.0!
    I have to caution I am not a professional grader and can easily be off in my assessments. Either way, you have my envy for such great comics!!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: August 8, 2018 3:10:40 pm
  • Thank you for your help.. The Batman Family no. 8 doesn't have a tear on the spine. It does have a small crease lower right corner on the back cover and in that area there is some damage to the bottom of the spine on the corner. I graded that as a piece out plus a small crease. It looks like a small piece of paper should be wrapped around the bottom corner. Hard to explain. The cover could have flaking, I took it to be ink skips, so I'm not sure if I am correct. Flaking can be allowed in NM on different grading sites. There aren't any scratches and minimal spine stress/creases. Using different grading sites, it comes out F-VF.
    No. 210 I have to grade that again. I have a fold going down the middle of the book and it can be felt though out the book. It isn't a crease, no color break and looks like the top of a tunnel. What do I call that? I can also see abrasion and spine tears which I thought were spine creases with color breaks. It look more serious now.
    I wasn't sure about posting separate books. If I combine books I will say that in the title.
  • Posted: August 8, 2018 5:01:25 pm
  • On the Batman family book the only real issues I can see are how bad they call the bottom of the spine and if they consider any of the white spots to be color lifts as opposed to small printing issues. Best case scenario is a solid 8.0 and worst is a 5.5 assuming no other problems inside the book, which I assume to be correct.
    It is really hard to tell about the "fold" down the middle, though it sounds like it could be from a mailed subscription issue. Not knowing the books providence, and not being able to hold it or see it up close that is just a guess. My grading tool gives it a 5.5 if it is a subscription fold, even assuming the rest of the book is perfect. Hopefully this guess is completely off the mark.
    Good luck with it!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: August 10, 2018 6:02:52 pm
  • Thank you. It looks like it could be a fold from a mailing. I have never had a subscription, I'm not familiar with that kind of damage. I purchased the early books at comic conventions/shows. I was more interested in reading them than looking at the condition, so no provenance.. I just required that they didn't smell musty, but I do like the old comic book smell. I will be uploading some brave and the bold's to flickr, hopefully tomorrow, if you are interested.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 47 years, 87 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
CBR App on Android
CBR App on Android
  • Newest
  • Titan Comics's Dark Souls: Age Of Fire Issue # 2b
  • No Gravity Studios's Light Earth Issue # 1e
  • Acclaim Comics's Master Darque Issue preview
  • Graphix's The Witch Boy Soft Cover # 1