feature requests

Help me grade this copy of Amazing Spider Man 795 (Comic Book Forums)

• Help me grade this copy of Amazing Spider-Man 795

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 28, 2018 7:42:44 pm
  • What are your thoughts on a grade for this comic (see photo). I just picked it up at my local LCS for cover price. It has three distinct spine creases (no colour break). Otherwise, the comic is in perfect shape, with sharp corners and tight staples. It lays flat. So I guess my question is, when a new comic is perfect other than some spine bends, what does that do to the grade of the comic? 8.0 VF?

Thanks

• Posted: June 28, 2018 8:02:06 pm
  • That looks to be in VF/VF+ range if the only issues are the 3 tic marks there. Some may even say VF+/NM- but play safe if you're trying to sell it.
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: June 28, 2018 8:25:59 pm
  • Thanks AmZoMBIE!
  • Posted: June 28, 2018 8:34:48 pm
  • I don't know. I would go with "Fine/Very Fine 7.0". The spine stress marks are a little long. Not to mention it is a modern comic. If it was older I wouldn't likely discount it as much, but since the new comics pretty much come standard 9.4 I just think it should be counted for less.

But again, to each their own.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 28, 2018 8:50:30 pm
  • Thanks dough boy. Ya, I think the fact that it is a modern comic hurts it a little more. Still, a good one to have and to hold onto for years to come.

Last edited June 28, 2018 8:53:30 pm
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Skybound's Duke Issue # 4c
  • Hurricane Entertainment's John Carpenter's Snake Plissken Chronicles Issue preview-b
  • Red 5 Comics's Lead City TPB # 1
  • Image Comics's The Six Fingers Issue # 2