feature requests

ASM 300 (Comic Book Forums)

• ASM 300

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 17, 2017 2:14:36 pm
  • I'm no expert, but based on grading guides I've read I think this is a Near Mint - with only a small dent on one of the corners and what I would consider white pages. Overall though I think this one is in very nice condition.

Dent pic

Here's a whole album, but let me know if posting pics to the forum would be better than the imgur album link.
    http://imgur.com/a/eJbJ6
  • Posted: June 17, 2017 4:33:06 pm
  • Get that little corner indentation professionally pressed out and you might be looking at a 9.8 graded ASM 300. Right now it's at least a 9.4 in my eyes.
  • Posted: June 17, 2017 5:29:19 pm
  • The Bobarian said:
    Get that little corner indentation professionally pressed out and you might be looking at a 9.8 graded ASM 300. Right now it's at least a 9.4 in my eyes.

Ok, so I was pretty close. It's definitely tougher to gauge with an older one like the 129 I posted. There's a lot going on there, but this one hasn't left the bag much since being purchased so there aren't as many factors to consider.
    Thanks!
  • Posted: June 18, 2017 3:21:21 am
  • Yeah, have to agree, right now it looks like a solid 9.4. I you consider professional, high rated, established pressing you have a very good shot at a higher grade. Looks like there may be some very minor spine stress that breaks color, hard to tell how much with the reflection from the camera flash, so not sure if a 9.8 is in the cards but it might have a chance to jump that high. Very nice looking book!
  • Posted: June 18, 2017 8:10:21 am
  • Nightrob said:
    Yeah, have to agree, right now it looks like a solid 9.4. I you consider professional, high rated, established pressing you have a very good shot at a higher grade. Looks like there may be some very minor spine stress that breaks color, hard to tell how much with the reflection from the camera flash, so not sure if a 9.8 is in the cards but it might have a chance to jump that high. Very nice looking book!

Good catch, Nightrob. I missed that. It's at the bottom staple so I think a 9.6 is likely with a professional cleaning and pressing.
  • Posted: June 19, 2017 3:06:45 am
  • While I am by no means a professional grader, my opinion is that the best you could hope for with this book is 9.4 and possibly only 9.2. In my very limited experience of having books graded they will really knick you for that dent on the top of the cover. If there is anything at all on the spine than I really can't see it doing better than what I suggest, though I seriously hope I'm wrong!!
    Tenzil
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Al Barrett's Atomman Special # 12
  • Ballantine Books's The Art of the Brothers Hildebrandt Hard Cover nn
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4acme-c
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine and the X-Men Issue # 1b