feature requests

ASM 129 (Comic Book Forums)

• ASM 129

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 16, 2017 9:16:36 pm
  • In my opinion this looks to be in very fine - condition with some stress marks on the spine, some slight surface wear on the cover but still has its original gloss and there is nothing major wrong with it.
    Midway through the issue in the upper right side of some pages theres some red ink or maybe a stain. This is also on the back cover.
    How far off am I?
  • Posted: June 16, 2017 9:37:01 pm
  • That's distributor's overspray on the top of the book. It should have little to no effect on the book in this grade. I've been known to be a tough grader so this looks to be in FN-VF condition – or a 7.0 grade – to me with what I see here. However, I think you can get this professionally cleaned and pressed into a 8.0 grade, maybe better. Great book to have in your collection in any grade.

P.S. – I am not a professional grader so I could easily be off by a grade or more.

P.S.S. – Thanks for the hi-res photos to see all the small defects I would have missed otherwise.
  • Posted: June 17, 2017 2:00:31 pm
  • The Bobarian said:
    That's distributor's overspray on the top of the book. It should have little to no effect on the book in this grade. I've been known to be a tough grader so this looks to be in FN-VF condition – or a 7.0 grade – to me with what I see here. However, I think you can get this professionally cleaned and pressed into a 8.0 grade, maybe better. Great book to have in your collection in any grade.

P.S. – I am not a professional grader so I could easily be off by a grade or more.

P.S.S. – Thanks for the hi-res photos to see all the small defects I would have missed otherwise.

great, thanks for the opinion and input. I'm going through my childhood collection and selling it off so I'm not really familiar with cleaning or pressing comics. I'll probably just sell it raw and as is, but I have considered getting it graded to potentially increase its value. Not knowing how that works though has me leaning towards a raw sale.
    Thanks again.
  • Posted: June 18, 2017 3:28:34 am
  • If you have the time and some extra money it would be worth getting the big hitters from your collection graded and maybe even pressed if they might benefit from it. Since you have some very sought after keys you would most likely make a good chunk more that way. For the ASM #129... My opinion is it would have a good shot at a 6.5 as is.
  • Posted: June 19, 2017 2:58:01 am
  • I am not a professional grader either, by any means, but I would estimate this book to come in somewhere between 6.0 and 7.0. Great book to have!!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: June 21, 2017 1:55:35 pm
  • I'll chime in and give you a 7.0. Oh, that's a Ralph Macchio note in the letter pages. I forgot about that one. Hilarious!
  • Posted: June 21, 2017 5:08:40 pm
  • brucifer said:
    I'll chime in and give you a 7.0. Oh, that's a Ralph Macchio note in the letter pages. I forgot about that one. Hilarious!

I noticed he was mentioned in the notes about what makes this issue special too. Pretty odd claim to fame for a book.
    Thanks for the opinion
  • Posted: June 22, 2017 8:26:13 am
  • Thanks Logerine. I'm up on my '70s Marvel trivia. That's not the first time those two with the same name have been confused for each other I'm sure!
  • Posted: June 22, 2017 3:46:31 pm
  • Get it pressed!!
15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 49
  • Titan Comics's Forgotten Runes: Wizard's Cult Issue # 3c
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 10
  • TokyoPop/Mixx's The Nightmare Before Christmas: The Battle for Pumpkin King  Issue # 2b