feature requests

Grading Help for new Old Guy (Comic Book Forums)

• Grading Help for new Old Guy

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 5, 2017 1:50:27 pm
  • I haven't touched these books in 20 yrs. I'm still cataloguing but I could use some with grading to retrain my eye.
    I'll post a few books of differing quality and I appreciate everyone's honesty.
    Also, what is the best way to post scans?
    Professional grading? I am looking into it but shipping stuff like this makes me queasy.
    Thanks!

• Posted: June 5, 2017 5:21:14 pm
  • I would consider this NM or close to it. I know the AF15 is beat to but opinions would help me, thanks.

• Posted: June 5, 2017 5:47:36 pm
  • The X-Men #94 is no where close to being NM in my eyes, it's possible that it's in about FN condition but that's without seeing any inside pages, especially the center spread to check the staples.

The Amazing Fantasy #15 appears to be in about VG condition at best (probably GD-VG) but that's another estimate without seeing any of the inside pages.

I am not a professional grader so I could easily be off by grade or more.

Awesome books in any condition, especially the AF15. Congrats!

Last edited June 5, 2017 5:54:22 pm
  • Posted: June 5, 2017 6:16:14 pm
  • Thanks!
    I have quite a few from the late 60's and early 70's and I really just want to get a feel for roughly grading books so I'm not overvaluing them.
  • Posted: June 5, 2017 6:30:43 pm
  • You might want to get a copy of the current Overstreet Guide to Grading Comics – https://www.amazon.com/Overstreet-Guide-Grading-Comics-2016/dp/1603601996 – I've found it to be really helpful in estimating grades for my books.

P.S. – Get the AF15 professionally graded by CBCS or CGC if you're planning to sell it eventually.

Last edited June 5, 2017 6:32:54 pm
  • Posted: June 5, 2017 6:52:59 pm
  • Bobarian is pretty much spot on on his assessment of your books. Try grading the books with this tool and let us know what grade it gives you.

http://www.e-bigs.net/freetool.php
  • Posted: June 5, 2017 7:28:14 pm
  • mrhan, I tried to post that link this morning, but it seems to be dead.

Last edited June 5, 2017 7:28:49 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: June 5, 2017 8:34:38 pm
  • Canuck said:
    mrhan, I tried to post that link this morning, but it seems to be dead.

I used it last week. I hope it comes back. I've been using it for years.
  • Posted: June 6, 2017 2:43:34 am
  • The grading tool website has been down for me too, which is a real shame. @Cinerus: Those are some great books, especially the AF 15, even in the condition it is in. Without having a closer look (ie more close ups and a look a the pages and staples inside I would say the Bobarian is very much in the ballpark regarding grades.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: June 6, 2017 8:31:42 am
  • yeah the link is broken on the grading site for me as well
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
25 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 45
  • Titan Comics's Conan the Barbarian Issue # 9
  • Marvel Comics's Gambit Issue # 2
  • Band of Bards's Worlds Away Issue # 3&4