feature requests

Defenders V1 #1 & #10 (Comic Book Forums)

• Defenders V1 - #1 & #10

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 21, 2017 5:26:22 pm
  • Hi - First post in here, so let me know if I need to post more pictures etc.
    Just wanted to get a rough opinion on these 2 issues, they seem in really nice shape. Pretty certain they are 9.0+

#1 has a really small blemish above the 'E' in Marvel and and bottom left corner, back page has some small slight creases.
    I have reposted pics of #1 on 3rd post below
    #10 is in similar shape, small blemish to bottom right corner, unfortunately has a small crease on the back cover (approx 3cm) I can take pics of this later if required.
    http://oi66.tinypic.com/f0x5r9.jpg

Cheers
    Mark Smile

Last edited April 23, 2017 8:58:11 am
  • Posted: April 22, 2017 2:53:33 am
  • On first glance #1 looks like a nice copy. More pictures please, outside of the plastic bag. At least one interior shot, preferably of the staples. Back cover, close up on corners and where the damage is on the edge. Thanks,
    Tenzil
  • Posted: April 24, 2017 1:47:43 am
  • Thank you Mark for posting more pictures. Very helpful. Well, the bad news is you do not have a +9.0 comic here, though the news isn't all bad. When I account for all the little flaws I can see (edge wear, top right front corner, crease on spine, wear at staples, tear at bottom of spine) and put it through the grading tool I get a grade of 8.0. However, that does not take into account the crease on the back cover and the mark near the top of the front cover. I believe that the mark on the top cover is caused during the printing process, and in my opinion it should not count very much against the grade of the book. But that is just my opinion and I am not a pro grader, so take it for what it's worth. The crease on the back concerns me more and it is not specifically listed in the tool to my eyes. i tried plugging in a few possible categories and came back with grades like 5.5 and 6.0. Still a lovely copy of a very desirable book, but not as good as you have hoped, in my opinion. Best of luck with it, and I will tell you it is in far better shape than my copy!!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: April 28, 2017 5:31:51 pm
  • Thanks for the follow up Tenzil Smile Much appreciated on your input.
    Will probably be keeping this issue for some years to come Smile I have all 152 issues Smile
    Cheers
    Mark

Last edited April 28, 2017 5:32:09 pm
  • Posted: April 29, 2017 9:36:19 am
  • I agree with Tenzil's comments but I'm a bit harsher on grading than he is. LOL I give it a 7.5 and keep in mind that grading is very subjective. I often see slabbed books with grades I don't agree with at all and most of the time it's older books. It seems they are more lenient on them than newer books. Overall, it's a nice looking book and worth keeping in your collection. Very Happy
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • GraphX Press's Morphs Issue # 2
  • Vanguard Productions's Space Cowboy Issue # 1b
  • DC Comics's The Penguin Issue # 8
  • Ghost Ship's World's End Harem: Fantasia  Soft Cover # 11